Problems with PLv6.9 build# 267 ... Reverted to PLv6.8

Since installing PLv6.9 update I’ve been experiencing some issues on my Win10 system - Including;

• Erratic “flashing” of the image in the main editing window
  • The hourglass/busy-working indicator in the NR preview window endlessly cycling
  • The crop process feeling quite “sluggish”, and sometimes seizing up altogether
  • Occasional crashes.

I’ve reverted to PLv6.8 and all these problems have disappeared. Sadly, tho, by doing so, I’ve lost the fix that v6.9 provided to the Crop-zoom process … but at least PL is back to performing smoothly again.

@Barbara-SI’ve uploaded my PL log file with attention to you …

• It includes lots of error messages related to the DxOCorrectionEngine
1 Like

John I use W10 as well and haven’t had any of your problems. I wonder if 6.8 is more secretive to video driver my one is NVidia 536.99 Studio

same here for GTX 1060 6GB

Are you OK as well with 6.9?
My one is the ASUS Dual GeForce RTX 4070 12GB. But I found when changing to it I suddenly had problems with my calibration program. No problem with the old card and studio driver. The only way in the end was an in place W10 upgrade (clean reinstall) and the problem went. Had the same with a program on my wife’s laptop and again a clean reinstall sorted it. There does appear to be an occasional non graphics problem created where Windows has slight problems that are not enough to effect things, something changes in what’s running and that issue can start causing problem’s. My PC support told me its quite common, if others are OK and you have everything updated and System File Checker finds no problems a reinstall very commonly sorts it out and it did on both PC and laptop.

Mine’s the NVIDIA (ASUS) Dual GeFORCE GTX 1650 4GB GDDR6 …

Yes, I didn’t see the problems @John-M described. Just checked with a moderate 24MPx file, set to DeepPrimeXP and exporting as DNG (denoise + opical corrections only) plus as TIFF → 27 sec.

My machine is from 2018 and was custom built with MB Gigabyte Z370 Gaming K3, Intel i7-8700 and NVidia 1060 6GB. The OS is running from NVMe m.2, while database, cache etc. have access to another m.2 scratchdisk. So not the latest model, but working reliably. – Reading about your experiences … I’m using an Eizo CG2730 w/ ColorNavigator, which takes care to communicate the current monitor profile to the OS.

John, I’m not having any issues either with 6.9 on Windows 10. First, make sure the drivers for your graphics card are up to date. Then, if you have not already done so, I would reboot your machine before reinstalling 6.9 again to see if those issues have been resolved.

Mark

1 Like

No problems here on a W10 machine.
Very glad that the crop-zoom process has been fixed.

Hi John,

Try these commands in a CMD window to fix windows issues.

sfc /scannow

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image / RestoreHealth

Then check you have the latest studio drivers for your GPU card.

1 Like

Thanks, @KeithRJ & @mwsilvers … I have latest NVIDIA studio drivers installed.

I ran DISM with the ScanHealth parameter … with no corruption detected.

Issues logged while PLv6.9 was running look like this;

Conversely, none of those references to GPU issues are logged when 6.8 is running.

Looks like something for support.dxo.com?

:+1:
Yes - I’ve reported the issue to support.

John,
I’ve just finished working on circa 100 images that I took yesterday, using PL 6.9.0 Build 267. I haven’t encountered any of the issues you have.

I’m running Windows 10 Home 22H2, on an Intel(R) Core™ i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.41 GHz, with 24Gb RAM. My graphics card is the “partially supported” NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 750 Ti.

My computer specs are identical to yours except that I am using a GTX 1050 Ti, and like you, I am having no problems with PL 6.9.

Mark

…and just so no one thinks John-M is alone here, I’ve had the same “hourglass/busy-working indicator in the NR preview window endlessly cycling” issue since upgrading to 6.9. I’ve not had the other issues though.
,and for full disclosure, my GPU is an NVIDIA Quadro P400 (yeah, I know, currently “shopping”) running the latest driver version (31.0.15.3713) dated 08/14/2023.

1 Like

Here’s another reference to GPU-related problems with PLv6.9 - also fixed by reverting to v6.8.

John,

For what it’s worth, I am running PL 6.9 with no problems on my aging Win 10 machine with all updates applied and a GTX 1050Ti card with the latest studio driver.

Mark