How to revert back to earlier revision (6.8) in place of a newer revision (6.9)?

you have to specify which PL version you referring to. PL6 run from Big Sur so the clock is ticking and won’t be supported by the end of 2023

I had the same issues on my Windows machine (Export with HQ and Prime worked, but not the DeepPRIME options). My Video Chipset is: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 Super. I found a new version of the driver for this card and installed a “stiudio” version (for content creators) - it resolved the issue!

1 Like

My OS is Windows 10.
My GPU is an AMD 540 (fails with PL rev 6.9 but not 6.8)
I’ve made sure my GPU driver is up to date
I’ve reverted back to PL rev 6.0, and now no problem with GPU
Would like to get back to rev 6.8.
I’ve contacted the DxO Support group

Platypus, during DxO re-install of 6.0, a message said it wasn’t possible to re-install an earlier version than what was already installed (6.9). So I had to uninstall 6.9 first. I believe that might have removed association with the existing PL database and a new database might have been created that caused my 6.8 and 6.9 DOP files to not work.

However, I reloaded a previous database that was a month old and then IMPORTED each of the more recent folder’s DOP files (Sidecars). But the newer DOP files are still ignored apparently because there are none of my changes applied to the RAW photos I’ve exported to JPG and PL isn’t allowing a comparison to the JPG (doesn’t recognize that the RAW was exported to JPG).

Depending on how you set DPL, it will or will not read the .dop files automatically.

There’s a catch though: If DPL is set to automatically import and export sidecars, a “new” database might overwrite existing sidecars (depending on how the sync is implemented)…and the new DB (listing no changes yet) might effectively destroy your work.

Please note: This is speculation and I’ve never tested it, because I set DPL to NOT import/export sidecars automatically. This setting keeps me in control and no third party good intention can spoil my work :wink:

Again, I use macOS and your experience on Windows might be different.

Hmm. Same issue for me. Windows 10 and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050, Deep Prime exports fail using Photolab 6.9. Reverted to 6.8 and Deep Prime works again. I’ve logged a support call - fingers crossed.

Just exported 2 different files, one with DeepPrime and one with DeepPrimeXD – took a moment, but no problem so far.

(GTX 1060 6GB with studio driver v 536.99)

I encountered GPU-related issues with PLv6.9 too (See details here) - and also found the problems went away when I reverted to v6.8

there is a new release today, 5.14.1 so might be a new update for 6.9.***

For Mac or Win ?
For Mac the V5.14.1 and V6.9.1 version were released a week ago

i got 5.14.0 a week ago, and now just noticed 5.14.1built 97
don’t get me wrong, i just double checked, the version i downloaded last week says 5.14.1 but, when looking from PL it is version 5.14.0 built 96

Screenshot 2023-09-12 at 10.25.10 AM

As of the time of posting this message there’s no update for Windows beyond the current 6.9.0 Build 276.

Same for PL5 on Windows, there is no update beyond the current 5.14.0 build 4894.

here’s what i get when i check for update from PL on mac.

Yes this update was released for Mac only last week and also in v6.9.1.
Win versions are still in v5.14 and v6.9

i missed the boat last week then :smiley: :cup_with_straw:

I can’t find a link to download version 6.8. of Photolab (Windows).
And the support team has been silent on my request for over a week. I had addressed my problems with version 6.10. and asked for a link to version 6.8.
Can anyone provide me with Windows version 6.8 for download? That would be very helpful, thank you.

DxO only provides the most current update for any of their software versions available for download. I believe I still have a copy of 6.8 for Windows, but I will have to check to be sure. I am away from home for the next few days. If you can’t find someone else to help you out, please send me a private message on Monday as a memory jogger.

Mark

There’s an update to 6.10.1 which purports to fix some GPU-related issues. Have you tried that ?

See here for details.

Thanks for the tip.
With the update to 6.10.1 I had hoped that it would get better, but it got even worse.
PL has been crashing regularly since 6.9 and what is even worse is that the computer freezes reproducibly at the end of an export process with 6.10.1. The only thing that helps is a hard reset. And that’s pretty annoying.
Maybe it’s not even due to PL, but version 6.8 would be worth a try.
My environment: Windows 11, Intel i7-10710U, 32GB Ram, Nvidia GeForce 1650 with Max-Q-Design
Not exactly up to date anymore, but fortunately this will soon come to an end.