"Correction Review" Keeps Sticking

I found a build 32 in my download folder and uninstalled the trouble build which is 38 completely. Installed 32 and so far no problems. Before uninstalling I had tried using cpu only but that didn’t help and the activity monitor said PL7 was using 400% cpu I don’t even know how that can be but something is obviously overloading the system completely. I had a reply form support asking me to install logger to bug hunt but as I have not got 38 on my system currently can’t do it. I have asked them if I can have booth builds installed at same time so I can log and will await reply.
Please raise a ticket if you have not done so already so they can get them logs and figure this out

1 Like

Glad I checked the forum this morning. On 2019 intel MBP with 32 GB RAM and PL elite 7.01. I opened an image to see if issue was present and a notice appeared that an upgrade was available to download PL 7.11. The 7.01 version has no issues in modifying images (no spinning beachball) so I conclude it could be a bug in the recent 7.11 upgrade. Will wait to upgrade until issue is resolved in whatever 7.xxx upgrade that is. BTW. I am on Sonoma (beta 14,2)

1 Like

I was able to copy a 7.01 version from another Mac computer and bring that into the application folder on the main Mac I use. The previous PhotoLab 7 version works great; it’s definitely the newer version that is giving issues.

I reported this problem last week. Seth (at DXO) sent to me a diagnostic program. The idea is when the Correction Preview gets a spinning wheel then you can run the diagnostic program; it will create a zip file that can be sent back to DXO.

Seth came back to me and asked for an original file and its associated .dop file. By “original” he means straight out of camera and not altered by any other software. I usually ingest my files using Photo Mechanic, which renames them. So I couldn’t use these.

I shot some more photos last night. The .NEF (Nikon Raw) file is too big to send as an email, and so he sent to me a link to submit the file and it’s .dop via a dropbox-like interface. I then confirmed that I have done so, and included in the email a copy of the latest .zip produced by the diagnostic tool.

Interestingly, the symptom does not appear with every file, but it does seem consistent with the one’s that do get the problem.

Might I suggest that if we all raise a formal ticket, and end up sending DXO our examples, then they’ll have more data to work on, and probably fix the prob more speedily.

1 Like

I raised this in another thread but got no response.

+1

Machbook Pro M1 Sonoma and reported it to Customer DisServices. Seth has been a waste of time. Told him I have no problems on PL6 and he told me that not all features are taken through to the next version and when I cited, among others, my unsupported phone’s jpegs he suggested I raise a request to have a module created to support the phone. 0/2 is a p*** poor response, totally missing the point and I had already told him it also occurred on supported images.

Question (which DxO has ignored): Could the presence of an active PL6 in addition to PL7 be causing or contributing to the problem? I wondered where the previews cache is on a MacBook but they haven’t told me (another question they just ignore)?

Clive

Confirming this problem in PL 7.1.1 fresh install after an upgrade from PL 5. It seems to happen mostly with Local Adjustments (specifically, control points). Same symptoms as reported above: endless spinning “Correction Preview” thingy, followed by a requirement to force quit.

I have a couple of Mac core dump reports if anyone is interested.

Environment: MacOS 12.6.5 M1 64 GB.

ETA … One other note: When I return to the image after the force-quit, the changes that I had requested seem to have been applied.

1 Like

All this still seems a problem. I think it’s time for a firmware update…I hope DXO takes this serious and is able to solve this problem. With that spinning wheel it’s impossible to use PL7 the way it should be used for too many.
By the way…I just raised a formal ticket.

1 Like

Same issue on M1 Max. I can work on a few files before program hangs. Computer restart is needed to fix (forced quit does not) and I can work on a few files before problem reappears. Happens after making multiple adjustments (local or FP7). Program is essentially unusable until they fix. I let them know.

1 Like

this pop up today, so i’m guessing the bug is with 7.1.1 not 7.1.0?

That’s what I think yes…7.1.1. Not sure with 7.1.0 anymore (don’ t think so, because I cannot remember), but definitely with 7.1.1

I just updated from PL6 (latest version, 6.11.0 I believe) directly to PL7 v7.1.1.38 and have had no problems. I spent 6 hours editing last night with local adjustments and exports. I’ve never seen a “Correction Preview” spinning wheel. Perhaps it is the nature of the specific raw file from certain cameras? Of course, I’ve only got one long session with this PL7 – using internal SSD storage (no clouds, NAS or external drives).

If DxO is gonna be like “We can’t produce it…”, and deny any issues – I can only imagine they are trying to fix it behind he scenes without admitting any fault.

MacBookPro18,2 (2021 16", 64GB M1 Max), macOS 14.1.2

i have no issue with 7.1.0 so after reading all that thread, i don’t see the point of installing the update =/

You’re right. I would wait.

Since I have a great Time Machine backup I was able to revert to PhotoLab Elite 7.1 from the backups and no longer have the bug in 7.1.1.

If you use Time Machine, go back to mid-November and Restore the 7.1 version.

1 Like

I also have these issues; They seem to be related to heavy screen rendering tasks

• when I zoom in 200% to use the repair tool.
  • Local adjustments. gradient filters
  • cropping
  • perspective control

Also, I haven’t been able to Quit; I have been having to force quit, BUT… switching from “Auto (Apple Neural Engine)” to Explicit setting “Apple Neural Engine” has allowed me to Quit for the first time in about a week. So Yay!

M1 Max and the latest Sonoma. 14.1.2
DxO PhotoLab Elite 7.1.1 build 38
Nikon NEF files.

After nonsense replies from two agents, both ignoring my request for answers to specific questions … Fred responded, sensibly. He suggested I downgrade to 7.1.0 and provided a link. I did that and it appears to have resolved the problem. Fred also stated that they knew of the problem and were working on it:

"We are aware of that issue and we are currently investigating it. We’ll release a new version as soon as the fix is ready, but of course we can’t know yet when that’s gonna be. However, this is our priority right now so we hope we’ll have something soon on this issue.

[edit]

“While we are working on the fix, you could downgrade to the previous minor version of PhotoLab 7 and continue using that:
http://download-center.dxo.com/PhotoLab/Archive/v7.1.0/Mac/7.1.0.35/DxO_PhotoLab_7.1.x-dev_35_notarized.dmg
Obviously, if the update system asks you to upgrade to 7.1.1, you can ignore it so you don’t reinstall the version that has the isssue. As soon as the next version (7.1.2 or 7.2) is ready, it will tell you and you can install it. And of course, we’ll let you know here as well.”

6 Likes

Good idea! I’ll try that.
Edit: just downloaded 7.1.0 through the link provided by roadcone/DXO

1 Like

Thanks for the LINK!

1 Like

Welcome Pierke!

The link works and it is a solution for the sticking Correction Review. But after downgrading Photolab is very slow in starting up.