"Correction Review" Keeps Sticking

It happens to me easily, when operating on more than one Local Adjustment.

MacBook Pro, M1 CPU.

1 Like

John: Suggest checking that you have latest drivers installed for your GPU.

For macOS and Mx architecture - unless on Intel with some diy eGPU setup - there are no individual drivers for graphics other than updating macOS itself.

If all permissions are set correctly - the only thing I can think of is some cache files or database related to them have gone bad.

I had this problem on my Mac initially. What I found was that this occurred when PL hadn’t finished applying corrections to all the photos in the folder I was working on - so I was starting to apply local corrections to a particular RAW file before the folder scan had finished; et voila Correction Preview got stuck.

The work around was simply to wait until the folder scan had finished.

1 Like

I have just seen this behaviour again and this time when I opened an unedited (by me) image - so presumably it is just rendering the default preset.

Make sure you open a ticket with DxO so they know there is a problem.

1 Like

John, this appears to be a MAC only issue. We have no drivers to install.

BTW this is a MAC forum so your Windows knowlege does not apply.

Cheers 777 and ticket open, diagnostics taken and emailed back to DXO :slight_smile:

Ticket raised

3 Likes

Also submitted a ticket.

2 Likes

Kelly from DxO support had these helpful suggestions:

Kelly (Support & Assistance)
Nov 24, 2023, 9:37 PM GMT+1

Greetings,

Can you uninstall, reboot and do a new install using the link in your account?

Regards,
Kelly- DxO Labs Support Team

Others have tried this with no joy.

DxO needs to recognize this as a defect and fix it.

Please open a ticket if you have this problem…

What if you quit PL, rename the preview cache db and data folder?

~/Library/Caches/com.dxo.PhotoLab7/previews

to:
~/Library/Caches/com.dxo.PhotoLab7/previews_old

And then launch PL7 again?
Any changes?

How do you run diagnostics?

Nothing in the help guide…

1 Like

Thanks. Tried renaming previews but this did not solve the problem.

1 Like

They sent me a link to download an app that I ran when it started looping. Hopefully they will see what’s going on :+1:

With my support ticket, the person included a URL to download it and run it based on what was happening with the issue. It runs and you upload the data with the support ticket online.

1 Like

yes I have this problem as well will start ticket

1 Like

Same here. Intel/ Mac. Changed settings with “DeepPRIME acceleration” from Auto Select (AMD Radeon Pro Vega 48) to AMD Radeon Pro Vega 48 (GPU here). Helps…for the time being…knock on wood,…

1 Like

They told me it is an issue that cannot be replicated and to reinstall from a link they have provided. They also say they have not received any similar reports from users.

I have the same issue on my Mac. Here’s a thread on dpreview: DxO PhotoLab 7.1.1 "Correction Preivew" Bug: Retouching Forum: Digital Photography Review. Had to downgrade to 7.0.0.

1 Like