Using the radar built into my Fuji, thinking of B&W

Just playing around, having fun, looking for “shapes”.
I walked by this, then did a u-turn, and tried to capture what I “felt”.
My Fuji is set to show me the world in Fuji B&W Neopan Acros 100

780_5939 | 2024-07-04.nef (30.6 MB)
780_5939 | 2024-07-04.nef.dop (13.7 KB)

1 Like

Wlodek

(Tough night with camera - #20 by Wlodek)

Can DxO stop this guy posting?
@Joanna, please stop responding, he is toxic and letting you down, don’t you see that !?

@Wlodek your post here makes no sense.

I’m done, thanks to @Wolfgang and other guys. If MM is to stay here, I will not.

If you don’t like my posts, for whatever reason, please just ignore them. There are lots of people here, and I’m just another one of them. We all have our opinions, and we all should be free to share them. Until the forum has a tool to allow anyone to “block” other users, why not just ignore any posts that bother you. It’s like “throwing out the baby with the bath-water”, if I remember that line correctly.

@Wlodek , that is entirely your decision

If my title for this thread bothers others, from now on, I won’t try to use humorous titles. What I meant was because I was walking around with my Fuji X100F set to a film simulation of Fuji Acros 100 film (plus the RAW image), looking through the viewfinder I see everything through that electronic filter. Don’t laugh, it works. I did walk by this scene, then stop, go back, and looked through the camera, and saw the possibilities of that image, so I took one image, re-positioned, and took another which is pretty much what you see here.

Of course there is no real “radar” involved, in the usual meaning of the term, but some people here will likely understand what I meant.

If that bothered you, I apologize.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Please let me know, what is the definition of “toxic people”. Thank you.
I suggest to come back to our photo topics.

1 Like

They’d have to read each post then. Not going to happen I presume.
Check your forum preference settings, they allow some filtering.

I agree, and to @Wlodek, please do stay here.
I have no idea what I did or said to upset you.
The first I knew of this is in the discussion about electronic devices for lightning photos.
Several were posted, and I then posted about Nikon’s new tool to capture images “from the past”, which is rather amazing as I see it. Right after that, you started complaining. I have no idea why. If we all thought, and wrote, and posted the same way about the same things, this place would be very boring.

At least, please explain yourself.

The last thing I heard from DxO was that they were thrilled with the new forum structure. Look at how many more (and new) people are posting. We don’t all agree about things, but that’s human nature.

I hope you change your mind, and DO stay involved, and if there is something specific that I do that bothers you, please at least send me a message.

Well, I’ve did that (disabling MM posts), but the problem is on a different level. I would like this forum to discuss the product current and future perspectives rather that someone’s
Ego problems.

Sad to see @Joanna being downgraded by MM to an online manual for PhotoLab and NX Studio.

Simple - create posts about what YOU would like to see discussed, and I’ll try to not post in your threads. Problem solved - assuming others want to discuss what you want to discuss, of course.

Many of us post threads about things we are interested in. Why not you?
I tried to find posts that you created, but so far I’ve had no luck. Then I did a search for all your posts - most of which sound perfectly reasonable. If you don’t want to read things I post, just don’t. Easy solution. But I have no desire to argue about you over things I don’t understand.

The “Share your image…” section was added so that all could post pictures and get some feedback.

If that feedback should be part of a learning process, it would, imo, make sense to then later post an image that shows changes resulting from the feedback, no matter if it was about capture and customising or non-technical things like composition, framing etc.

Showing off one’s photos seems to be perfectly within the scope of the category too. Then, feedback can be limited to :+1: or :-1: depending on whether one likes the photo or not.

If the OP asked for specific feedback, it could be directed more usefully. We can all stray, but we can also try to be useful. Choose carefully.

I very much agree - which is why I updated my photo with a big dirt spot up on top, to correct the problem.

This is because some people reading this might not be aware of that tool, and how easy it (usually) is to use.

When I make mistakes with anything (related to PhotoLab or not) if I agree, I usually correct/change the photo and post again. This is especially true if I struggle to understand the suggested correction. Of course, not all suggestions I agree with, and only the photographer knows the initial intention of the photo.

There are people in this forum who hardly ever make something I could/would call a mistake, but perhaps I don’t realize what they were trying to show. That’s where I get into trouble, as my “corrections” ruin their intent for the photo. While I don’t mind anyone changing around any of my photos, the reverse is obviously not the case, and I’m told I ruined their photo. That there is a difference of opinion is obvious, but the photographer seems to get the final say.

I guess I’m doing this “wrong”; any and all comments are welcome, as I see it, and it’s up to me to agree or not. If someone chops out my favorite part of an image, so be it. Doesn’t mean I will change, but I do try to at least “understand”, and learn how others see my images. It’s like when I simplify a landscape and hear back that I ruined this beautiful photograph, turning it into a snapshot, usually to “simplify” the photo. Maybe suggesting things that way is “a bridge too far”.

Agreed, and as far as I am concerned, I’d only post images that I have an issue with in customising. If the image is how I want it to be, I’ll not post it here. After all, this is a DxO website and I try to stick to “what can/can’t be done by PhotoLab”.

If I had to post an image, I’d also make sure that I get the answers I’m looking for by adding specific questions that narrow down the landing area. Some will still answer questions that haven’t been asked though. :person_shrugging:

My thoughts are a bit different - if I get an image to the point where I don’t know how to improve it any more, and post it, other people who may be smarter than I am will still come up with suggestions that I hadn’t really considered.

When I think I am done, one of the more experienced users here will often suggest something I hadn’t considered.

If nobody suggests changes, and if I’m already happy with the image, I feel better about what I did (or didn’t) do.

Like the above image - I expected @Joanna or @Wolfgang to come up with a critical comment, but instead I found a “heart”.

Eventually, as more and more images get processed, I feel more comfortable about what I’m doing. Three years ago, I just added more and more “Clear View Plus”, until I realized how terrible that made things look in a full size image. :frowning: I guess I just was lacking in the ability to “really see and understand” what I was doing wrong. I have no idea if this applies to most users here. I suppose it’s something a person is born with, or not? People here made me aware of how bad it made my images look. Ditto about Mark’s recent comments. I used to finish editing, and move on. Now dozens of other tools are buzzing around in my wee brain, as I try to understand them - and as I try to find what is still left to do in the image I thought was “done”. It’s wonderful medicine for me when someone uses a tool I was ignorant about, and further improves my image.

Sorry, I’m writing too much here.

It is important to know when to stop.

That’s not so much of an issue with a computer and undo/protocol possibilities,
but when you e.g. paint, it is crucial.

1 Like

Why don’t we take DxO literally - this is from their first post:

We don’t need to be looking for help - we can simply share the images we have created, and discuss them.

That’s what Fabrice-b: (from DxO) posted on July 4, 2024.

He didn’t even specify that the images had to be edited in PhotoLab, but we’ve all sort of gone along with that, mostly. There were, and are, no restrictions from DxO.

I guess I should respond to his original post, to move it up to the top.

To @Wlodek, this is the purpose of the “share your images and chat” forum from DxO:

Ignore the second part that I wrote -

Just read what Fabrice-B: from DxO wrote.

We all may hope for different things from this forum, but it is a DxO Forum, and they are making it clear what they would like to see here. There is not even any requirement that the images be edited in PhotoLab. The forum is, was, and will be, what WE make it, and you are part of that “WE”, along with all the rest of us.