Upgrade price

Really? Show me where ANY such Black Friday deal was offered…(or Xmas as you say).

Unfortunately it appears your timing purchasing PhotoLab 5 was not good, through no fault of your own. I am confused regarding the upgrade notice you reviewed. Could you provide some details? You indicated you got an upgrade notification on 9/22/22. I find that confusing because Photoab 5 was released to the public in October 2021. Was it an upgrade for you, or a was it a new purchase?

PhotoLab 6 was released on October 5 2022, less than two weeks after you indicate you received the PhotoLab 5 notification. If you had purchased PhotoLab 5 as a new user you would have been entitled to a free upgrade to PhotoLab 6. The unfortunate part here is the timing. To get that free update to PhotoLab 6 you would have had to do it within 30 days of purchasing Version 5. I suspect, again through no fault of yours, that you attempted to upgrade to version 6 more than 30 days after the purchase of version 5. It is a policy I wish DxO would modify and extend the free upgrade period an additional month or two.

If, however, you already owned an earlier version of PhotoLab and upgraded to version 5 in September I am not certain if there is a policy for a free further upgrade to the next version if it even if purchased within 30 days.

The newest version PhotoLab is always announced and released in October.

As a final note, there was a new user Black Friday discount, although I don’t recall the percent off at this point since I did not take advantage of it. There is also the upgrade discount for existing users.

I know none of this will change your anger and frustration but I wanted to at least explain the process and what might have occurred.

Mark

2 Likes

black friday was about 2 weeks ago, sorry.

for showing you any deal, you have to do some search on your own.

here’s 2 link from the past black friday that you missed.

for more specific thing your shopping for, do some search.

1 Like

Here was the upgrade price for PL6 on Black Friday from an email sent to me on 11/25/2022.

Here’s what DxO sent me on Saturday this weekend.