PL7 Elite: Black & White channel mixer not working

I have the same problem, the channel mixer does not work for me.
It makes no difference if I select generic rendering or a black and white film, the channel mixer does not work.
Here is an example with the generic rendering. First the basic settings.

Then all channels of the channel mixer to -100%, this should change the image significantly, but you can see that no change happens.

The same behavior with a black and white film.
The basic settings:

And all channels of the channel mixer set to -100 %, no change in the picture:

I have PhotoLab 7 Elite:

My Mac is a Mac Studio M2 Ultra, 60 GPU Cores, 128 GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, macOS Ventura 13.6.
I can’t help suspecting that it could be a bug in the Mac version, because I couldn’t find any indication in the manual that a black and white movie had to be selected, and also on Youtube I saw a review where the generic rendering and channel mixer were used, but on a Windows machine.

How can I send a bug report to the developers? Or is it enough to describe this here in the forum?

I have exactly the same problem - this on a Mac M1 MacBook Air. I suppose there’s also the possibility the problem is just on the M-series software version. I have a non-M-series iMac too, so I’ll install and check that later today.

Andy

I just tested it on my Mac Book Pro 15 " mid 2015 with macOS Monterey 12.7. The channel mixer does not work here either.
It seems to be a bug on macOS that exists on both M-Macs and Intel Macs.

I am testing on a MacBook Pro 16" macOS Ventura.

Here is a screenshot of both PL5 (on the left) and PL7 (on the right)…

Both are showing the same changes for the same adjustments.

Here is an unadjusted screenshot from PL7…

MacBook Pro M1 Max here, also same version PL7 in German. I have also FP7 active (both with trial licenses still). Label is only „Kanalmixer“ and it is working fine for me, regardless of the rendering. Both generic and film. Maybe it depends on the image file type? It is JPEG and ORF (Olympus Raw files) in my case. Could also be the MacOS version, I updated mine to Sonoma.

I get a feeling that the wrongly labelled palette (with DxO PL7) might be the problem.

Take a look at all the available palettes and see if there is one with just 'Channel Mixer" or localised equivalent.

Yeah - interestingly, other than in the screenshots above „Soft-Proofing” is labelled „DxO PL Elite - Soft-Proofing” in my case.

Doesn’t work on a non-M iMac either. Does look like a Mac version thing then. :man_shrugging:

Andy

Submit a ticket through support.dxo.com.

Yes.It looks like the integration of channel mixer was not completed. Both tje name change and implementation of functionality were forgotten. All we get is an “disconnected” interface.

Note: we’re talking PhotoLab without FilmPack, your screens show that you have enabled FilmPack and then, CM works as expected.

Thank you for pointing this out :pray:.
Actually, I could have come up with it myself :thinking:. It was late yesterday.

Can only say, works for me. iMac Intel, 13.6. PL7/FP7.

P.S.
by way of illustration

I use PhotoLab 7 Elite without film pack. Everyone who has posted in this thread that the channel mixer works for them seems to be using Filmpack.

It also seems to me that they forgot to finish this panel. I interpret the online manual and advertising for PhotoLab 7 Elite that Filmpack is not necessary for black and white and the channel mixer.

I will contact support about this right away.

2 Likes

Yes, with FilmPack, the tool works.
This issue is with DPL without FilmPack.

Meanwhile, we can always use the HSL tool for B&W as shown below (with a slight variation)

1 Like

Not fixed in v7.01.31…

1 Like

Yes, unfortunately not fixed …

its fixed in the 7.0.2 version

1 Like

fixed in DPL 7.0.2.32 indeed…BUT…

@StevenL
…tool panel headers are still referring to PL Elite and FP7, here’s a selection, more tools have the prefix.

Maybe caused by running DPL7 as DEMO?

Tested with macOS Sonoma on M1 MacBook Air 2020.

1 Like

It’s not an issue. The labels are ok.

Yes, they are okay in PhotoLab 7.0.2 build 32 on Mac.

Checked EN and DE and suppose that they have been fixed in other interface languages too.
Also fixed in the list of tools that appears while configuring a custom palette.

Thank you.