Photolab 7.7 – Prime not working anymore

Yeah from what I can conclude so far that’s where the bug lies; Elite installation is treated as an Essential installation.

Here are what have been broken:
-Clearview Plus
-Prime or above denoise
-Instant Watermark
which are all Elite features.

This is likely an oversight when they were preparing the release.

2 Likes

@Marie I downloaded the installation package for Mac from my DxO-account and installed it manually and that solved the problem. So it seems that the uppgrade routine was the reason for the problem. MacOS 14.5

Hm, makes me wonder. Just checked. All my photos from my Nikon D500 are so called NEF (RAW) files. Also in the manual I don’t anything about DNG.

1 Like

Well they just fixed it by “updating my license”.
Bad news is, it fs up my photo edit records;
all non-Elite features are now kind of reset.

“Luckily” it only affects photos I edited during the mess.

Me too. I had ability to use any Elite options before the update this morning (05/28/2024). I tried downloading the Mac software from the DxO web site and that did not solve the issue. I then filled out a ticket explaining the loss of my Elite features after update. No LUT’s under Filmpack or Watermarking under Basic Tools for me now. Hope it is resolved soon.

This time I made a copy first. Than I did like suggested and downloaded from my account. None of the described issues so far. This is for Ventura 13.6.7

Hello
We are aware of the issue with today’s update concerning features of the Elite Edition. Our development team is working on the fix. We appreciate your patience and will provide further updates as soon as possible.
Thank you for your understanding.

1 Like

Does no one test these before publishing them?

Exaclty the same. I get, perhaps a coincidence, an “Update Licence” Popup and know everything is where it should.

And this is the link given:
This is latest V7. Right click, Options and File Version.

Know everything works.

Same problems with 7.7 on my Mac Studio. Unfortunately I did not save the installation file for 7.6, so until DxO releases a fix I’m stuck with an expensive rock.

The problem isn’t in the installation file itself, but with their licensing server.
You should receive a pop up, or if you close and open the software later and they fixed their server for your license, you will be “promote” back up to Elite from now Essential.

It is important now that you don’t touch your photos, any one you select and try to edit, will have its post-processing setting not available to Essential version ripped, such as you will see denoise going back to “high”.

Aren’t users are beta testers now ?

2 Likes

On Macs, you don’t need to keep the previous installation file.

Before upgrading, quit PL and do the following…

1. Duplicate the app bundle and rename the duplicate to (e.g.) PhotoLab 7.6
  2. Restart the PL7 version and allow the upgrade to happen.
  3. If the new version is faulty, simply delete the newly upgraded app bundle and rename the PL7.6 version to PhotoLab 7.

The two versions will even run side by side if absolutely necessary, but not at the same time.

2 Likes

PhotoLab users who are beta testers normally test the next annual release, not point updates to the most current version.

Mark

I’m another unhappy customer.

As reported by the original poster, after the update from PL 7.6 (Elite) to PL 7.7, none of the PRIME noise reduction features worked. I couldn’t investigate straight away, so I quit PL 7.7 and went off to do what I had to do.

A couple of hours later I tried PL 7.7 again, it told me my license had been updated and the PRIME features all worked again BUT FilmPack and ViewPoint had been deactivated so I had to re-enter their activation codes.

This sort of slip-shod release should not happen.

4 Likes

Sorry, I have to correct myself. The D500 files are NEF, I took a few photos with my old Pentax K3 during the critical shoot, which is set to DNG. Nevertheless, Photolab used to open both file types without any issues and, as the thread shows very clearly, my issues have nothing to do with the type of RAW files I was using. Apologies for any confusion created!

no confusion/ I know that. :wink:
was just trying to give you a hint.

Good to know – I’ll wait a couple of days until I hear better news.

Hello,
Following the problem you encountered with update 7.7, please close DxO PhotoLab and simply relaunch it. Once restarted, the problem encountered should be gone. We excuse for the inconvenience in the past hours.

2 Likes

(deleted by author)