OM-1 Mk 2 working photographer

This post concerns the OM-1 Mk 2. I am considering this for an upcoming assignment; rental of what I need is not feasible. I am a wildlife photographer in NPS; my current primary bodies are Z9 and Z8, neither of which, with S or equivalent lenses, may be feasible for the assignment in question due to weight and volume. If there are working wildlife photographers who professionally use the OM-1 Mk 2 and who use PL for workflow with the ORFs from this body, I would appreciate being able to correspond. You need not reply to this list but a private reply would suffice. Thank you for any insight.

Maybe someone used an OM in one of the contributions.

Do you know how to find out the system being used by each awardee? There is no obvious listing that I could find. The first three for which I followed each image to the description about the image and photographer mentioned Canon gear, neither Nikon nor OM/Olympus. From the lack of any response but yours, I am assuming that any working photographers on this list who use the OM-1/II do not want to reply – including off list – or essentially there are none.

As you can see in the text next to my forum name, I use Canon gear. And as far as the winners’ gear is concerned, a gear list has not been published as far as I know, but each photo has the necessary info. Searching for Oly gear on the website is tedious.

I’m usually checking out the winners exhibition at a museum and doing this, found that most use Canon or Nikon gear indeed, but photos taken with different gear were also there. Just a small percentage though. Finding pro oly photographers using DxO software feels like the proverbial needle in the haystack. There are more haystacks than WPY and DxO will probably not help you with their statistics due to data protection and lack of interest.

I’d go hunt olygraphers outside of this forum. :person_shrugging:

Take a look here MyOMSYSTEM, Ambassadors - Ambassadors - MyOMSYSTEM

I am OM shooter but no professional but as said above OM have many award winning ambassadors that are wildlife shooters don’t know if any use photo lab but I find it works great with OM1 files