Next Betatest 2024 photolab8

Did I somehow miss the next upcoming beta test photolab 8?

Hi there.

I’ve understood it as the coming test sessions will be held in new configuration and not like earlier years.

Smaller but more focused groups of individuals.

I have no knowledge of if they have begun or not.

1 Like

I don’t believe the new beta testing process has started yet … Not that I’ve heard.

1 Like

I think all version 7 users are on a beta test at present!

3 Likes

Thanks for the info. Then it will probably take some time. Otherwise the BETA phase usually starts earlier.

It does seem a little early for an April fool! Maybe wait a month or six for the techs to weave their spells.

This is maybe the new way of beta testing some say they talked about.

When PL8 is released, PL7 will be bug free (ok, don’t bet on this). And so on :upside_down_face:.
Fully bugged version, reduced price; less bugged version, full price . :upside_down_face:.

1 Like

Back in the days I used CorelDRAW it was was produced on the model of spend a year removing a few of the bugs and get some of the new features working. Then BANG new version creating new bugs and party working new things with many of the old bugs and lots of lovely new ones (and the part working features that were still not really working). No time to sort out last years part finished features and bugs as you now had lovely new ones to work on. There model worked they drove out every other competitor and although the latter is unlikely with DXO the rest is looking very familiar again here.

Unfortunately, I still haven’t heard anything about a new beta programme. This of course opens up room for speculation. Maybe something really big is coming…

Like what?

Mark

I really hope that there is a beta program in some form.

Having participated in beta test for other imaging software my impression was that it was, in terms of features and bugs, very much win-win for both company and the general user base.

To work it needs beta testers who genuinely test the software and provide effective feedback, rather than people just looking to find what the next Big Feature might be. So it would not surprise me if DxO had reduced the number of testers.

It is also the case that beta testing is normally covered by an NDA. So it is not implausible that a beta may well be underway - just not as publicly as in the past.

I don’t recall PhotoLab beta testing ever being publicly discussed.

Mark

Not what’s being discussed here. In the past, beta testing was publicly announced here and open to applications. That might have changed.

DxO did publish some information in regard of beta testing and said they would change the previously used form to something new.

So if something is running it’s most likely a new way of doing the testing.

Would be new to take notice of the testers

The reverse is also true, nothing new so nothing to test :rofl:

yes, you can readhere a little: