New Licensing in Preparation with PhotoLab 7.7?

Absolutly not.
If you don’t pay DxO again, you will still be able to use your software !
This is difference between subscription and purchase.

I don’t want to rent my car. I want to buy it.
(in fact I don’t have a car. I prefer motorbike. :upside_down_face:)

Sure - but the point I was trying to make was that as software gets developed and generally improved this is included in subscriptions and if you want to do that with DXO you still have to pay more. I’m not saying either way is right or wrong - it depends what you want. It would be interesting to hear from the people that are still on early versions of DXO software and would like to have the latest capabilities but don’t want to re-buy the software (which I think is what you have to do after one (or maybe 2) full upgrade cycles. Technology moves fast and it is difficult to keep up sometimes.

I think they should have concentrated on developing photolab, adding viewpoint in it - which is relevant, and 2 or 3 filmpack functions ; and pureraw as pluggin for other applications.
I’m not sure that spreading out over so many softwares was the most efficient choice for development.
And in the end, all of them are very slow to evolve.
And none of them seems to be based on a modern architecture.

Sad because they have some unique features which could have make them the best raw processing software.

Agreed - it comes over as greedy

What will be, will be.
I’ve got no control over things.

But what I can do, is learn enough about DarkTable that if all the other companies including DxO go along with these ideas, I will continue on with my Open Source program. Probably DxO will continue on as before, but if things go crazy, the choice is “sink or swim”.

For now, I’m not going to worry about this any more. Heck, the entire world as we know it could vanish in one day, and there is no “safe” place to go. That this has “almost” really happened several times is far too scary.