Flåvær lighthouse - Norway

4 Likes

Kjeungskjær Lighthouse - Norway

4 Likes

Holmengrå Lighthouse - Norway

3 Likes

I found some more. Also Norway.
With my first DSLR, D80.

Correction. On the road to Norway, Gotenburg Sweden.

George

2 Likes

Phare de Pontusval, Bretagne. 8 seconds exposure…

3 Likes

One more from my trip form Bergen to Kirkenes with Hurtigruten: Landebode lighthouse

2 Likes

Now in France, one beacon and two lighthouses:

• foreground, left: the Cormorandière beacon
  • background, left: the Cap Frehel lighthouse (52 km)
  • center, red and white, in the middle of the Baie de Saint-Brieuc: The Grand Lejon lighthouse (26 km)
    Photo from L’Arcouest
1 Like

My two pences …
“la Vieille” lighthouse in in the Raz de Sein at the very tip of Finistere.
September 2005 at 7AM under rain catched with a PowerShot G3 :wink:

2 Likes

Curious, I assume “la Vieille” lighthouse is in the foreground, but what is the structure behind it?

Looking at your photo, I don’t think I would want to be on that boat!

Not sure if you would like it more or less, but when I crop your image it becomes even more “scary” to me:

…but this turns into a photo of the boat, with the lighthouse and the other structure. I can’t help it - my eyes go right to the boat, but that’s probably because I find boats so fascinating.

Nice capture!

1 Like

I believe the lighthouse is at the background (left) and in the foreground it’s a yellow/black beacon.

I’m right: the beacon is the “tourelle de la plate”

Mike,

In less time than it took you to ask the question, I Googled la Vieille lighthouse and got the answer! There is nothing wrong with asking questions. However, as I’ve suggested to you many times before, if you just took the initiative and searched for the answer yourself many of your questions could be answered much quicker and without involving other people.

Mark

Well, from the description of the scene, I assumed we were discussing the structure to the right, bright, colorful, and in focus, not the dark blurry thing in the background - sounded and looked logical to me.

Of course, you are correct, doing some research, I could have found out that the structure at the right is some kind of “beacon”, not that I know anything about beacons. To be honest, I see this as a photograph, which I like, with no desire to look up names on the internet. I like the composition, the boat, the structure on the right, and the blurry structure at the left I mostly ignored. I’m much more interested in the photograph, rather than the details of what is shown in the photo.

I’m also very surprised at how a “Canon Powershot” captured such a nice image, in a rainstorm, but that credit goes to the photographer, not the camera. To me, the heart of this image is the boat, fighting the waves, but that’s just me.

Oh well, as usual, “guilty as charged”. I just looked at the photo, and the written description, and never even considered using Google. Me bad.

Mike,

I am well aware of your lack of desire to spend your personal time educating yourself. However, you still have no problem asking others to spend their time doing it for you. That is why I no longer respond to your questions easily answered by a simple search.

Mark

2 Likes

I read:

…and naturally assumed this was about the clear and sharp structure up front, and not the out of focus thing way in the background… but I wasn’t sure.

Well, the harder I try to catch up, the further behind I get in what I am already trying to do. I guess it’s a matter of priorities. So, bottom line, “guilty as charged”. I was curious, and since @cloclobreizh took and posted the photo, I was just checking if I was right.

Yes, but if you really were interested you could have checked on your own with a three-word search, la Vieille lighthouse and gotten your answer in 1 second after hitting the enter key.

You’ve just decided it’s easier for you to not have to think about it and have other people do it for you. I know you’re not intellectually lazy, but since you’ve been here you’ve always had a problem doing things on your own and instead expect others to answer all your questions for you.

This has been the case from day one. Is it any wonder that you’ve gotten so many negative comments from so many people over the years? I’m not really sure that you actually understand why that is.

Please try to spend a little bit more time thinking for yourself and a little less time expecting others to do the thinking for you. If you were able to do that you would get a lot more respect from other posters here.

Mark

2 Likes

Hello Mike,

It is a very dangerous sea passage, a very strong current, a challenge for the sailors and their boats but also for the photographer who is also on a boat … Same place, another year, same weather, another race but at the time with 50D and 28-300 canon … for your pleasure I hope …

2 Likes

Wow, double-wow, and triple-wow!!!
Awesome photos.
Thanks for posting.

I love seeing them, but I would be petrified were I on the boat. And the salt-water spray, how did you protect your much larger camera?

All are great, but my favorite is the second photo, with all those boats so close together. What amazing seamanship would be required!!! Am I correct that all the boats need to sail around the tower, and then move on in a different direction?

I know this forum is for photography, but I’d love to see a video of an event like this.

Wonderful photos - you “did good!!!”
There is so much “energy” in these photos.
THANK YOU for posting!

One of the purposes of a forum is to ask questions, and learn, and allow other people learn at the same time.

https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/glossary/what-is-a-forum/?orgRef=https%253A%252F%252Fwww.google.com%252F