DxO Software - New Cameras & Lenses support (16 April 2024 update)

it was the same as far as i can remember from PL3, some new camera/lens profile update within PL5 and were not added to PL3 but PL4 had them, so they supported new camera/lens for latest 2 version of PL, which add work for them that.
if you don’t buy new equipment than you don’t really need to upgrade the software unless the features are attractive. I think that’s why many are skipping a version and upgrade only every 2 years, nothing wrong when there’s only 1 or 2 new features that may or may not enhance your workflow.

Its actual access to new lense data they raised not new cameras or features that have to ba added to an updated program. To prevent an existing cameras accessing a new lense would need as I understand it some how to alow or blocj program versions not just actual camera’s which as I recall is a big change if thats been done.

if many camera’lens new profiling isn’t big change then what is?

** it’s not like working on new lens and camera profile is free, it need time and manwork to be done.

Dear Marie,
there is something wrong with Nikon ZF
Converted dng from raw files comes out tinted pink in strong light lights

DXO says “This information applies to version(s)” to lens profiles supported. No where does it say or ever said limited to version of programs. I hope Chris is wrong about this as I don’t have an old install to try my self.

if i remember correctly, I upgraded from PL3 to PL5 for new features plus better denoising, but also because of new camera that PL3 didn’t get.

doing a search for PL version and new camera/lens profile bring up a lot of discussion thread, where it already discuss that new camera/lens combo are supported for new PL version and don’t apply to old one, so if you buy a new camera that just been released by Nikon or Canon (to name only those), you’ll need to buy a new version of PL as the old version don’t get it, but if PL has the camera body profile you’d get the new lens profile for older PL version
like this one from 2021:

but this thread tell about new camera body added into PL only on new PL version and not older version:

scroll down and somewhere you’ll see this:

1 Like

Hi Marie,
i have some trouble that the teleconverters of my Panasonic Lumix 100-400mm (II) are not supported even when they are listed in the available optical modules (see screenshot).

Please compare the description of the lens/teleconverter combo in the EXIFs and the lens + TC name in the list of modules. There is a discrepancy: On the one side a “+” is used, on the other the word “with”. Is that the reason?

Could you please fix that ? Thank you for your help.

Hello Joerg,

this problem will be fixed with next PL6, PL7, PR3 update, in February.

Marie

1 Like

Dear Marie

Will the Tamron 17-70mm 2.8 Di III-A VC RXD for Sony E-Mount ever be supported with the Megadap ETZ21 Pro on the Nikon Z30/50/fc? This combination works great, I’m currently using it. But I don’t really know how to deal with the distortion and vignetting that such a zoom has.

Kindest regards, Henning.

@Marie

Please add support for this lens:
OM SYSTEM M.Zuiko 150-600mm F5-6.3 IS

1 Like

And the OM SYSTEM OM-1 II camera

1 Like

and Canon R1 … oh, not released yet - nowhere in stock to get it “in the lab” yet ? does not matter …

1 Like

With and without the teleconverters, of course. :wink: I’m sure this just-announced lens and related gear will be supported eventually. I’m very grateful to DxO for being such good supporters of Micro Four Thirds equipment over the years. Thank you for your role in that, @Marie!

1 Like

Dear @Marie

Here again. Will the Tamron 17-70mm 2.8 Di III-A VC RXD for Sony E-Mount ever be supported with the Megadap ETZ21 Pro on the Nikon Z30/50/fc? This combination works great, I’m currently using it. But I don’t really know how to deal with the distortion and vignetting that such a zoom has.

Kindest regards, Henning.

if you dead set on using DxO and no support forthcoming you can at least try to go this route : convert NEF → DNG ( certainly keep original NEFs, do not delete) , replace relevant tags in DNG to imitate as if it is from a Sony camera ( assuming DxO has optics module for the lens ) and feed DNG to DxO app - see it it works … is it ideal ? no - but might be OK for you… if you post / share some NEF raw then somebody here can test and let you know how to do it

PS: another matter is whether or not DxO finally fix reading and using focusing distances for ALL Sony camera models … they fixed this for some recent models, but the question is did they fix for the models to be used in the approach above…

I have seen no sign if the older Sony cameras geing distance reading back. We were told befor end of last year now furst 3 months so maybe

I saw that MOST recent models do ( at least with some lenses ) … not my old and venerable A7R2 though

I got the a6700 and all my lenses do focus distance. For some odd reason with the a6400 no Sony do but BUT 2 tamron (11-20 & 17-70) do give the distance. Its mad as tamron licence Sony lenses protocols so the lense information should be the same as Sony lenes that still don’t in PL

Hello,

On 6 February 2024, we have added support of new cameras and lenses for DxO PhotoLab 7, DxO PhotoLab 6, DxO FilmPack 7, DxO FilmPack 6, DxO PureRAW 3, DxO ViewPoint 4 and Nik 6 Perspective Efex.

Cameras newly supported are

• Hasselblad 907X & CFV II 50C
  • Leica M10-P ASC
  • Leica M11-P

Lenses newly supported are

• Canon RF-S 10-18mm F4.5-6.3 IS STM
  • Fuji GF 55mm F1.7R WR
  • Hasselblad XCD 28mm F4 P
  • Nikkor Z 135mm F1.8 S Plena
  • Panasonic Lumix S 100mm F2.8 Macro
  • Samyang AF 135mm F1.8 FE
  • Sigma 14mm F1.4 DG DN A - L-mount
  • Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 DG DN OS S - Sony FE
  • Sigma 100-400mm F5-6.3 DG DN (C020) - Fuji X
  • Tamron 150-500mm F5-6.7 Di III VC VXD (A057) - Nikon Z

See Appareils supportés - DxO for compatibility of Optic modules with DxO PhotoLab and DxO PureRAW.

In March we will support

• DJI Inspire 3
  • OM System OM-1 Mark II
  • DJI DL 50mm F2.8 LS ASPH
  • M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 II
  • Sigma 100-400mm F5-6.3 DG DN (C020) - L-mount
  • Sigma 100-400mm F5-6.3 DG DN (C020) with TC-1411 - L-mount
  • Sigma 100-400mm F5-6.3 DG DN (C020) with TC-2011 - L-mount
  • Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 DG DN OS S - L-mount
  • Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 DG DN OS S with TC-1411 - L-mount
  • Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 DG DN OS S with TC-2011 - L-mount
  • Tokina ATX-M 56mm F1.4 X PLUS
  • Tokina Opera 50mm F1.4 FF - Canon EF
  • Tokina Opera 50mm F1.4 FF - Nikon FX

The list of lenses for March is still in Progress.

In April we will add support of the Sony A9 III and more.

Enjoy!

Marie

7 Likes

Thank you for your support, dear Marie.

Please also think about the Irix 21mm/f 1.4 for Nikon. Thank you very much in advance for that too!