A Fence in Miami Beach, in a local alley where nobody goes

Well, look at the comeback we are seeing in analog film (my grandchildrens’ generation) and vinyl records (my kids’)! Plus there is a mountain of glass out there on flea-bay! I made my first steps into interchangeable lens digital with a new Sony (SLT) body and a raft of third- or fourth- user Minolta A-mount lenses. I think any AF lens made since about 1990 probably has an adapter that one will be able to use with DSLR bodies well into the next decade. I suppose the one caveat on this will be whether our legacy photo apps will maintain support for them. DXO, I am looking at you!

1 Like

Nikon certainly make an (expensive) adapter that will take any F-mount lens on their new Z-mount camera.

This reminds me of dinner - where I may enjoy meat, and potatoes, and a salad. None of them is a substitute for the other.

My original plan was just to stand back far enough to shoot the fence.

In addition to that (not instead of) I will concentrate on details of/on/with the fence.

Unfortunately, I woke up to lightning and thunder, so my tentative plans for my next shoot will likely be bumped ahead to Sunday.

Better to avoid that tension, or make it a bigger part of the scene?

I remember similar thoughts, but the idea can “grow on photographers” like it did to me. When you find yourself in the right mood, keep at it every so often. And maybe consider trying some of the silly ideas in this thread:
Abstract Reality (or what I learned from @Joanna) - #2 by mikemyers

People used to buy cameras. I might guess 90% or more of them now just use the “camera” already in their pocket. Heck, I may not always have my camera, but I always have my phone. Of the people left who do buy cameras, the choices are getting much fewer. I suspect most of them neither know nor care what kind of camera they buy - but a whole lot of them just want to buy the latest Fuji X100, as that’s what they read about on Social Media.

As someone once said to me: “When you’re 20, you feel like you’ll live forever. Then you lose your first tooth, and you realise it might not happen.”

Nikon certainly make an (expensive) adapter that will take any F-mount lens on their new Z-mount camera.

I imagine they will go on as long as we carry on buying the new bodies. I have heard the saying “You date bodies, but you marry glass”.