2023 Black Friday deal?

Hello! Wondering if anyone heard/saw a Black Friday deal on DxO products this year? It’s usually around this time of the year (I think?)

November 24th in 2023.

Search the Internet for “black friday dates” will tell you :wink:

what happened to CyberMonday ?!

Black friday is next week.
Any announcement from DxO ?
I can’t find anything about it.

Wait and see…

same price and needed functionnality in photolab alone would be enough …

They have just announced it on FB.

My upgrade for Filmpack would be £69. Way over priced just to get Luminosity (I very rarely use the emulations as I think they are pretty aweful). I won’t be upgrading.

Ditto Viewpoint. I use it now an again, but I can do the same in Affinity.

Is there any special price for upgrades ?
I don’t seem to see any. ???
Not on my account page anyway.

The BF is now and up to -50% on all DXO software

I now see the offers on the webpage of DxO, but I am a bit confused: I am from Europe and travelling abroad, so it shows prices in USD. I would like to mention that I am logged in my DxO account. I will not care if I pay a few euros/dollars more or less, but would like to make sure that I do not get stuck somehow at a later point (if the US price does not include some EU tax for instance). How to make sure all is right ?

already assure yourself that your bank doesn’t make you pay a tax for conversion of currency for a purchase other than Euro.

For me in Europe it is now:
DxO PhotoLab 7 Elite 89€ (update PL 6 Elite)
DxO FilmPack 7 59€ (update FP 6)
Not sure if I should buy it this year.
Maybe I’ll pass this time.

2 Likes

89 + 89 euros to update from PhotoLab 5 and filmpack 5 is a lot of money for so little benefit. For now, I will continue with PhotoLab 5, but if after 1 year there is no serious progress, I will think about which way to move forward…

1 Like

same for me.
I would update if there would be an bundle-update for this two, but only udating of FilmPack 7 doesn’t work (incompatible with PL 6) and only updating of PL7 then is missing functionality.
So I see “black” for the company.

Is there no upgrade price for FP7 ?
Also, is FP6 not going to keep working with PL7 ? (although with only the features that were in FP6 of course)

I am asking as I am considering getting FP7 now although I never got FP (I have been using PL and upgrading every year, since it exists). That would be less interesting to me if that means (a) I will need to upgrade it every year to keep it just working with the later DxO and (b) upgrade price for FP is basically equal to price for a new license. If so, I will pass, as I am only partly interested in the FP features and see it just a “nice to have” addition on top of PL.

about ‘compatibility’ of FP see here …

no ‘upgrade price’ if you never had FP before, but look for any BF deal

and check your account for additional rebate

1 Like

We are in the BF Thread;-)

Here are the 2023 Black Friday prices I’m seeing, in US dollars:

Full versions for new users:
PhotoLab 7 Elite: $169 (regularly $229)
PhotoLab 7 Essential: $99 (regularly $139)
FilmPack 7: $89 (regularly $139)
ViewPoint 4: $49 (regularly $99)
PureRaw 3: $89 (regularly $129)
NikCollection 6: $99 (regularly $149)

Upgrade prices I can see, based on my prior purchases:
PhotoLab 7 Elite: $89 (regularly $109)
FilmPack 7: $89 (regularly $139)
ViewPoint 4: $39 (regularly $59)
PhotoLab 7 Essential: ? (I’m not eligible)
PureRaw 3: ? (I’m not eligible)
NikCollection 6: ? (I’m not eligible)

1 Like

89 + 89 euros to update from PhotoLab 5 and filmpack 5 is a lot of money for so little benefit. For now, I will continue with PhotoLab 5, but if after 1 year there is no serious progress, I will think about which way to move forward…

I’m not biting on this one either from PL6, but keep in mind, if DxO maintains the same upgrade policy they’ve followed in the past, your eligibility for a reduced price to upgrade from PL 5 will end when PL 8 is released. (Only the two previous versions of PhotoLab are eligible for upgrade pricing.)

On the other hand, if you don’t think PL7 is worth paying for, but it turns out after a trial that you think PL8 is, skipping the PL7 upgrade now and buying full version PL8 on sale is roughly the same cost as buying PL7 and PL8 upgrades on sale, so waiting for developments may still be the way to go for you. That way, if PL8 isn’t better for you either, you come out ahead just staying with PL5.

1 Like

Based on the prices posted by dxodm, I understand that the upgrade price of FP7 is that of the full license, which I find a bit surprising (and not coherent as it is not the case for ViewPoint). Am I reading this correctly ?