Wild growth on the edge of the Delaware-Raritan Canal

Not everyone shares the same feelings about what is adding and what isn’t.

Imo, cutting off the righthand part with the golden whatnot subtracted from the image, but again, YMMV.

That assumes that you understood what my goals were for that image, which you obviously did not. There was no ‘miscellaneous other stuff’. The reflection of the tree in the water was purposely included and is an integral part of what I was trying to achieve. Whether you liked it or not, taking that section out along with the flora beneath it meant it was no longer the image I intended.

And, you do get confused very easily. I could quote what you wrote in a number of your posts where you have indicated that you were confused, but I have no intention of taking the time to do that, and no desire to embarrass you.

Mark

Since I’m not a mind-reader, I certainly do get “confused” about images I don’t understand. No embarrassment - I’ll openly admit it right here.

One of the things I learned was to create images that are obvious to those viewing them. Help the viewer understand what I’m trying to show. It doesn’t always work, and people here are constantly showing me ways to improve. I try to learn from that feedback.

Back to your photo - what did you expect I would “see” in that bright orange “blob” which is the way I see it) at the right? You’re certainly right, I didn’t “get it”, but it is what it is. :slight_smile: I know it’s important to you, but why/how will others know it is something important? That’s my point, for what it’s worth.

So far you’re the only one who has expressed any difficulty with what you describe as a ‘bright orange blob’, and which is actually a reflection in the water.

This is not surprising since you often have difficulty comprehending image elements that you cannot easily tie to real world objects with which you are familiar. You also have some difficulty unifying multiple disparate elements into a cohesive whole, and as a result strive for greater simplicity by cropping.

I believe that these are among the reasons for your difficulty understanding and appreciating abstracts and impressionist art.

This is not intended as a criticism, merely an observation. It’s the way you see the world.

Mark

Original description:

There ya’ go. Sure, if I had read the description first, I might have understood, but I just looked at the image.

Simple explanation - we think differently, and react to things differently. With no obvious explanation, I still prefer my version of the original image. But so what? We do not need to agree.

This is the last post I will make in this thread.