When can we expect support for Sony a6700 RAW files?

Sorry you’re frustrated and annoyed, but it always takes a month or two and sometimes longer for DxO to create profiles for new camera bodies. Among other things, they need to acquire a copy of the camera to create the profile. You seem to believe there should be no significant effort because other software tends to support cameras and lenses sooner, but I doubt that you know what their process involves. You may not care for how long it takes but in the end DxO creates the best and most comprehensive camera/lens profiles of any software. They are known for it. That being said, the addition of the a6700 is planned for this month.

Mark

1 Like

and that might be due to the fact that “other software” has ways to get access to cameras directly from manufacturer sooner

You are probably correct, but since I have no empirical data which to confirm that, I hesitate characterizing it as a fact.

Mark

BS - if I just change the camera name in the RAW file to 6600 DxO handles the files perfectly. They could very easily at least ignore the camera name and process the RAW files in their software and add full camera support at a later time. At least half this will be to force users to purchase upgrades to the newer versions.

define “perfectly” :slight_smile: ?!

DXO has a very specific process. They are unlikely to change it anytime soon. The way I see it, we have two choices. One is to be patient and wait until they finish their testing process and add support to their software and the other is to use software from another vendor. It is a choice we all have. We all get frustrated when it occasionally takes much longer than we had hoped for a camera or lens to be supported. However, many of us know that it’s worth the wait despite the frustration. Only you can decide whether it’s worth the wait for you.

Mark

1 Like

Read more about it here:

1 Like

Thanks @ Profile - platypus - DxO Forums
The article helps to understand why the process for supporting new camera bodies takes a little longer. After reading, you can definitely trust that the RAWs processed by DxO for a camera/lens combination tested in this way meet the highest standards. I’m glad that DxO is showing a certain level of transparency. That increases trust again!

Thank you for the update and the implemented support for the a6700!!!