What Modules to download

Afternoon all,

I’m new to both the forum and DxO, so I apologise if this is something that has already been commented on.

I have already worked out that if I have a known camera/lens combination (e.g. my Nikon D7200 and either a Tamron or Sigma Lens) it is straightforward to find that combination and download it into the module files.

However, recently I have been a lucky boy, and have become the owner of a Nikon Z7ii.
My problem is twofold.
1:at the minute my old Nikon mount lenses are mounted via an adaptor.
and
2: by using a different adaptor, I can mount some of my canon lenses.

My question?

Can a suitable DxO module/profile be downloaded to cover these last two combinations?

Many thanks

Welcome to the forum @Wanderingsoul59

While it is possible to download any existing module, it will not be possible until DxO has made the module. Whether mixed Canon/Nikon modules will ever exist, I cannot say.

You can always ask DxO to make a module on the following page, but requesting it does not necessarily mean that the module will indeed be created and when. Don’t hold your breath.

There should be no problem with that. There are 397 modules in PhotoLab7.8 for Z7II, many of which are for F-mount lenses, even some special like ‘AF-S VR Zoom-Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G IF-ED with AF-S TC-20E III’, or ‘AF DC-Nikkor 135mm f/2D’. I have used AF-S 14-24/2.8 with FTZII on Z8 – looks OK in DPL. Apart from Nikkors, some other lenses are supported, coming from Irix, Samyang, Sigma, Tamron, Tokina, TTArtisan, Viltrox, Voigtlander, Zeiss.

There are currently no modules for Canon lenses on Nikon bodies (and vice versa).

Fortunately, DxO doesn’t care if my lens is supported or not - PhotoLab works anyway. But if the camera is a non-supported model, PhotoLab refuses to open the image.

(I usually “cheat”, and change the camera name to something that is supported, such as changing “Leica M8.2” (not supported) to Leica M10 (supported).

This defeats one of the benefits of using PhotoLab, but I can use all the PhotoLab tools as usual.

I’m certainly not going to “not use” one of my lenses because it isn’t supported by PhotoLab. I love Voigtlander lenses, and PhotoLab doesn’t download software for the lenses I own. Also, I own lenses that date back to the early film days, 1950’s, and I wouldn’t expect PhotoLab to recognize them - as my cameras don’t “recognize” them either.