Weymouth Harbour

Your comments are not surprising. If you had been participated more fully in the last four years, instead of focusing only on your particular momentary requirements, you would be as aware of all the issues as the rest of us.

I have been asking you for a long time to be more involved in threads other than you own and to more fully educate yourself about PhotoLab. That lack of involvement has resulted in your ignorance of anything not directly related to whatever current narrow area of interest you have.

Since it is very unlikely that your general interest or participation will ever change, there is no reason to continue this discussion. Ignorance is bliss. Please do not respond so we can get this thread back on track.

Mark

2 Likes

I agree with you. PhotoLab is a collection of tools. I am certainly interested in how I can use those tools. Iā€™m also interested in how others are using these wonderful tools.

I have no desire or interest in focusing on ā€œhundredsā€ of issues. What good would it do? What I might be interested in, is ā€œworkaroundsā€ for any potential issuesā€¦ but I donā€™t have any issues with PhotoLab, just limitations which I need to work around.

The people I respect the most on this forum are those who are using PhotoLab, not those who are complaining about it. I can learn from them. I also certainly enjoy seeing what other people are creating, using these tools, including you.

How old are you? When you reach my age, your interest in changing the world may change over time. Perhaps in the past I felt differently. Not any more. Iā€™m tired of ā€œcomplainingā€ about things I have no control over.

Weā€™re not discussing changing the world. I am only a little younger than you but my quest for knowledge has not diminished. Please lets stop this useless discussion.

Mark

One I took at Weymouth Harbour on 01.07.16:

2 Likes

I love this image, just the way it is, but I hope you or someone else can jump in and explain what Iā€™m looking at. Itā€™s obviously a ā€œwork boatā€, but what kind?

The water color, and the sky, and the fascinating and colorful background add to the image. Gosh, if I lived near there, Iā€™d likely go there every day with my camera. Is all of that mechanical structure designed to control a huge net?

Somehow your color image makes me think of color slide film!

@mikemyers Sorry other than the boat is a trawler, I would only be guessing what it catches in the English Channel. I live a good 300 miles north of Weymouth, so have only been there whilst on holiday. Weymouth is a major holiday resort on the south coast of England, and is a lovely place to visit.

Weymouth Harbour

Hmmm. The boat in the middle is far from its home port of Colchester. Thatā€™s some distance. But the one on the left is from much closer - Plymouth

An interesting observation Joanna, itā€™s a fair trek from Colchester to Weymouth!

Yes but if the boat has been fishing along the Channel then Weymouth is a reasonable destination at which to off load the catch. The boat could then return home, fishing as it goes.

NB Iā€™m not a fisherman, I have no inside knowledge. The above is just speculation but that sort of working would maximise the use of the boat.

@stuck I wouldnā€™t disagree!

The crossroads has changed a lot since the 1980s. :wink: howver the ā€œRoyal Oak Innā€ is still there.
Photo taken from the same bridge; scanned from a slide
Posted just for the memory of the Chesil Beach sailing speed record attempts.

1 Like