Using DxO PureRaw 3 with Lightroom (folder based)

A vain hope. Now that PR4 is available there won’t be any retrospective bug fixes to PR3.

I’ll investigate PR4 and see if its worth me upgrading and maybe the bug will be repaired in that version - but only if enough people have an issue with it I guess.

Download PR3 from your shop account and see if you get a new version.

On Mac, the current version is 3.14 and I downloaded the installer this August 1st, 2024.
If PR for Win has been updated, I cannot say, but you’ll find that out.

Note that I keep recent installers, also for fallback, should an update go boink.

As a side note, I am having the exact same issue when exporting back to LR from PL7.

I use DxO PureRAW 4 with the free and formidable Darktable 4.8.1.
Just to point at a DxO product that works.

Thanks
I did try reinstalling PR 3 but still had the same issue, and it seems from this thread -
https://forum.dxo.com/t/issue-with-dxo-files-being-imported-into-lightroom-classic/38095loading

• that others having same issue with PR4 which suggest the problem hasn’t been fixed. But guess I could try installing earlier version as I should still have the old downloads too.

I usually launch PureRAW as standalone app and sync the folder(s) after the export. This has always worked well so far. Other posts have mentioned issues with plugins. Standalond/sync takes the plugins out of the equation.

By the way, for Lightroom under Windows, another way to bypass the plugin without having to leave LR is as follows :

1. Create a text file containing this text

==================do not include====================
local LrApplication = import ‘LrApplication’
local LrTasks = import ‘LrTasks’
local catalog = LrApplication.activeCatalog()
local LrShell = import ‘LrShell’

local function openWithExternalProgram()
   local programPath = "C:\\Program Files\\DxO\\DxO PureRAW 4\\PureRawv4.exe"
   local photo = catalog:getTargetPhoto()
   if photo ~= nil then
      local photoPath = photo:getRawMetadata("path")
      LrShell.openFilesInApp({photoPath}, programPath)
   end
end 

LrTasks.startAsyncTask(openWithExternalProgram, "openWithExternalProgram")

==================do not include====================

…save it and name it Edit in PureRA&W.lua . Put he ampersand before the letter you want to be underlined in the Scripts menu of LR. The path to the PureRAW executable should be adapted to the installed version. The double backslashes in the filepath are OK. This is the correct LUA syntax.

This script is for Windows but I think it could be adapted to the Mac without big problems.

1. Close LR and copy the file to C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom\Scripts.

2. Relaunch LR. The Scripts menu will now contain an entry allowing to directly send the currently selected file to PureRAW.

To adapt this script to any other external program, just change the filepath of the executable and the name given to the LUA script file.

1 Like