Unfair pricing Policy

Not complaining.
Just trying to obtain a different policy.

But yes, no doubt, at the end :

Choosing also means living with the consequences. This is true for both sides of a deal and win-win is much harder to get than lose-lose.

Yes, as far as resentment is concerned, thatā€™s exactly how I see it
NO more upgrades for barely recognizable improvements. I had already commented on this with the NIK tools. Actually, itā€™s still what Nikon designed ā€œ20 yearsā€ agoā€¦

1 Like

I found my way back to LR and donā€™t miss anything. DXO is history. Only believers stay there.

1 Like

ā€¦ except that we now also have Perspective Efex, which can apply the ā€˜recentā€™ optical corrections,

apart from a couple more changes like Control Lines, Control Points with Diffusion control, a redesigned Selective Tool (to be used with recent PS) ā€¦

It is very simple ā€“ always try before you (decide to) buy.

Frankly, this citation is as inflexible and, dare I say it, arrogant as those it is complaining about.

I made my choice.
I paid the fee.
If the topic has legitimacy (and in my eyes it does) then donā€™t tell me not to complain!

1 Like

I totally agree and do the same.

You can complain as much as you want. No one is stopping you. To me it seems like all this complaining is just a fruitless waste of time and effort, but it is your time, not mine.

Mark

1 Like

I realized the other day that you canā€™t even flip an image inside of Photolab without owning Viewpoint, which is absolutely ridiculous. I think itā€™s time to switch to Lightroom.

canā€™t flip an image, but can flip a fiā€¦ :eyes:

The big problem with the DXO costs is the way they are doing it has spilled out into a lot of other forums. The comments here are not seen by many and ignored by DXO. But they are seen by many on the dpreview forums and on Facebook ones. There were a lot of very adverse posting on many over version 7 and the ransom program costs let alone how poor an update it was. Its these other forums that must badly effect the future of DXO products and that is why I think we are right to be concerned as users for the effects of V 7 and DXO pricing could have on DXO. I would hope they may take note of comments else where but I have little hope of it.

If users want to have the full PhotoLab experience, (including flipping images) they need to own the whole PhotoLab suite of PhotoLab Elite, FilmPack and Viewpoint. That has always been the case. Not purchasing FilmPack and/or Viewpoint has always been a more cost effective option for those who canā€™t afford ,or donā€™t want to invest in, the whole suite. However, that decision has always come with the downside of reduced functionality. If you want it all, you have to buy it all. DxO users are either all in or they are not.

Users can also vote with their hard earned dollars or Euros and go elsewhere. No one is being forced to purchase or upgrade DxO products if they seem too expensive for what is offered. Many of us, like me, own the entire suite and are very happy with it. For those who are not happy, they have choices.

Mark

1 Like

But if many walk away there will be no DXO left

For those who are unhappy with the products and/or pricing and walk away, why would they care whether DxO survives? For those who want to remain as DxO users and want the whole PhotoLab experience the only choice is to invest in the entire suite. It is really a fairly simple choice. Either you are willing to invest in the whole suite or you are not. Either it is worth the money to you or it isnā€™t.

Mark

1 Like

people want flat and simple proposition - pay for a raw converter , have one license ( and not 2, 3, 4 licenses to bother about ) and have a full functionality in it ā€¦ now if DxO wants to sell other products to other users it is surely welcome to do it ā€¦

PS: nice Adobe - pay for one license and have not one but many not crippled products at once ( PS/ACR desktop and mobile + LR in two flavors and on various platforms, Bridge )

1 Like

Indeed.
What DxO communication says (youtube streamings, web site, etc) is that filmpack is done for simulating film rendering and viewpoint to correct perspective. No more, no less.
And photolab to process images.

so you validate the fact that flipping an image is correcting perspective ??? !!!

:japanese_goblin: :japanese_goblin: :japanese_goblin:

1 Like

DxO can do the same thing. They can simply unhide all the Viewpoint and FilmPack features which are already built into PhotoLab and eliminate the need for separate licenses. I suspect that some people will not be happy with the increased price of PhotoLab that will go with it.

Mark

Indeed. An clear vision of what is proposed. Not a jigsaw(*) that can only be understood after investing some learning time ! (and money !).

(*) EDIT : jigsaw of functions between inappropriate applications contradicted by their communication.

1 Like

I donā€™t understand what you are suggesting here but as I said if you want everything PhotoLab has to offer you need the whole suite. It is a choice.

With regard to flipping images I never said anything about perspective and neither did @kamaros in the post I quoted. Additionally, since the release of PhotoLab Elite 7 a license for Viewpoint is no longer required to get the perspective tool. Viewpoint is more than just perspective.

Mark

Look my message just above yours.
It is is very clear. Not like DxO sale method !!!

1 Like