Tough night with camera

@Wlodek who are you talking about?

If you were referring to me, we were talking about the tools to capture lightning strikes, and Nikon seems to have come up with a way to make those tools obsolete - or did you even read the link?

MM, of course.

Describing another user as ‘toxic’, even if you disagree with that user, is unacceptable in my opinion.

1 Like

A good friend semi retired semi pro been in photography in most of his 70yrs uses LR PL and Topaz.

For your type of weather photography PL is the best by far, many of the supposedly better features are really not of little relevance to you.

AI etc will do zero except make your photos look exactly that AI.

Im gradually searching the forum and going back for hands on info.

I openly admit some of it is above my head do Not shy away from that.

Always always under expose in camera and fix later every now and then you get a belter of a lightning bolt close by thats blows everything out to unfixable and underwear gets changed.
Trying most of the tools some results good some terrible. @Joanna with fine contrast tips wow that helps my pics. Less is more with so much of PL im finding.

Thanks for the forum sorry for the novel. Another round of storms monday may or may not post again but read each morning having coffee latest posts.

Cheers from australia

The more photos you post, the more feedback you get.

If you don’t post, there is no feedback.

To me, Joanna’s posts are far more than mere feedback. She not only understands things so well, but is wonderful at posting her thoughts in a way that is almost always easy to relate to.

Joanna is also one of the posters here who works at bringing more out of the photographer. I wasn’t sure how helpful Mark’s suggestions were at first, but finally that grew on me. Wolfgang is like a walking encyclopedia. And it’s wonderful to hear back from as many people as possible.

Occasionally, I can satisfy Joanna’s and Mark’s suggestions.
I have never yet, ever, satisfied @Wolfgang’s suggestions.

Creating a photograph is the first part.
It is helpful to get people’s reaction to the photograph.
I think that’s part of how we learn.

I totally agree with you Joanna, thanks for these pictures “Farmer photos”