Support for older camera/lens combinations

I’ve noticed the latest version of PhotoLab wasn’t recognising images taken with an older Sony A7R2. After a lot of investigating i found that images taken with my A7R2 and 35mm f1.8 lens were recognised correctly in Photolab v4 but failed to recognise in Photolab v6 onwards. This was true for a number of other lenses as well.

Am I correct in thinking that I need to keep installed all the older versions of Photolab just to support older camera/lens combinations that were once supported but are no longer recognised. surely once the data is obtained for a camera/lens combination, it can be used in all future Photolab versions?

Welcome too the forum @palarey

Supported gear can be found on this page: Appareils supportés - DxO

I’ve never had issues with older gear being lost by newer DPL versions, but at times and with specific versions of DPL, automatic detection of the needed module struggled or failed and proposed to download modules for lenses I’ve never used.

As of today, DPL7 lists tge following in its module database:

We can see which lenses with 35mm and f/1.8 are supported. Is your lens on the list?
If it is not, then there is no module for it on a Sony 7Rii.

This should not be necessary, but it can help until the cause of your issue has been found and fixed. Meanwhile, I propose you add your case to support.dxo.com

I’ve been in contact with support to see if they can resolve the issue. I sent them an image that exhibited the problem and asked support to open it on the same version of PhotoLab 7 I was using (on a Mac) and to let me know if they are seeing the same issue of not recognising the camera/lens combination. Unfortunately that wasn’t very successful as support were unable to open it with the Mac version of PhotoLab 7 and used the Windows version instead. Also the image properties snapshot support sent back showed a much smaller image with none of the metadata (when taken, camera, lens etc).
It would be great if someone using the latest version of PhotoLab 7 on a Mac could take my image and get the image properties and confirm (or otherwise) if they see the same issue regarding not recognising the camera/lens combination

It would be great of you to share a file that exhibits the issue. Attach it to your answer or attach a link to a share (dropbox, Google Drive, wetransfer etc.) containing your image file.