Support for Nikon Z6 III

Sorry if this has already been asked. Is there an outlook for when the Z6 III will be supported, please?

Many thanks,

Steve

For important cameras like this one support takes generally between one and three months depending on the availability of a loaner which is necessary to create a profile for it. Other software vendors often provide support sooner, but DxO has more exacting standards than most other vendors.

I checked the DxO Camera/Lens support database and it hasn’t been added yet so there is no official ETA.

Mark

1 Like

I’m also interested by that camera.
@Marie , do you have a visibility for a loan of this Nikon Z6 III, and eventually a release date?

@spwalker you should also put your request in DxO request page:

Patrick

1 Like

Hello,

this camera is actually in calibration in our Lab :slight_smile: but you’ll have to wait for September to have its support in DxO software.

Marie

3 Likes

Thanks Marie

Thanks for the update. Please hurry-up – got my Z6III yesterday and I need RAW-support in DXO as soon as possibly… :wink:

1 Like

@Marie
Do you confirm that RAW High Efficiency and High Efficiency* compress options will be supported as well?

Thanks, Marie. It’s a shame it won’t be supported earlier (I’ve just taken delivery of one) but equally it’s good to have expectations correctly set :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m guessing it’s going to coincide with the release of PL 8 in September. If DXO does the same thing they did last year, support will also be provided for it in PL 6 and PL 7.

Mark

1 Like

Hi Marie,

Any update on the release of support for the Z6iii from Nikon?

Thank you.

As @Marie recently indicated in a different thread, the Nikon Z6 III profile will be available when PhotoLab 8 is released. That should be very soon, probably within the next two to three weeks or even sooner. It should also be available for PL 7 and probably PL 6. It is very unlikely it will be available for earlier versions.

Mark.

The sooner, the better for me! I’ve been around three quarters of Australia with a Z6 III and having to make do with processing JPGs. I hope I can get some RAW prising done before I leave Oz in about three weeks’ time.

@mwsilvers , where have you seen that:

She not said that but above in this post:

And it is not stated that it will available only with PL8!

So I guess we’ll have to wait until the usual modules release post to know if it will be available for PL7 also.

It was not explicitly stated, but I read between the lines.

Historically updates to previous versions with new camera support, profiles, bug fixes, etc. are not released in the last couple of months prior to the annual release of PhotoLab which is expected sometime this month or early next month.

The annual release date for PhotoLab has changed somewhat over the last couple of years so that it’s a little harder to predict it as accurately as in the past years, but the annual pattern with regard to pre-release updates has not changed. I also never indicated new camera support and lens profiles would only be available in PL 8. I said they will be also be available for PL 7. Following last year, it is also possible PL 6 will continue to get updates as well for a few months after the release.

Mark