Street workers

no problem – just giving feedback …

to add
Play with the color version (the LAs contain partial control of vibrancy, contrast, sharpening) – and then turn it into black and white in PL. I tried so, but the result with Nik SEP was “clearer” in the sense of a kind of silhouette (and quicker).

(ed)

No problem…

2014_03_07_Antwerpen_0072.ARW.dop (41,9 Ko)

First, I created a “normal” colour version and then switched to Kodak filtered IR film with a red filter. Then created a near vertical tone curve.

Just sharing my perspective as a viewer…
Story might not be the right word. But why share a photo if there’s nothing to “share”? It could be technical, emotion, event, place, perspective, etc. But broadly defined, aren’t these all a “story”? Also, think the viewer has a responsibility to “view” the photo and imagine their own “story” - call interpretation.

I don’t shoot “street photography” genre myself, but do enjoy viewing as a way to view life through the experience of the photo… For your photo, I tried to imagine how the workers felt. Mostly if they were aware the “world” was watching them and waiting on them to finish. So as a viewer I have a responsibility to fill in at least some of the “story”. This type “story” guides my processing to try to share with the viewer.

1 Like

Thank you.

My 2 cents worth: I can’t clearly see the water coming out of the jet. If it were possible to make it lighter, would it pull the eye into the scene? I’m guessing this would be a selection nightmare in the other photo manipulation programs I know - gimp, Affinity - because of the zillions of droplets…