Still no support for X-Trans files

Hi,

Still no XD2 support for X-Trans files in the new DPR4. I’m wondering whether this is a technical problem or yet another trick to force Fujifilm camera owners to upgrade to the next major version.

1 Like

From the release notes:

Note: currently DeepPRIME XD2 only supports Bayer images; X-Trans RAW files are not compatible. PureRAW will revert to DeepPRIME XD for these specific RAW files.

So it’s a technical problem. Same thing happened at first with DeepPRIME XD as I recall and it was eventually made compatible. But there’s no promise here that XD2 will eventually be compatible, so you might have to just wait and see - or ask support.

1 Like

But in the recent past DxO did say it was “coming shortly”

Exactly. And because of that promise, we took a vote of confidence in purchasing or upgrading to PureRAW 4. We saw the same delay happen with DeepPrime XD and there was no reason to think that DXO would leave X-trans users without compatability this time. But it would be reasonable to expect a more precise roadmap and more thoughtful feedback on our request.

That’s the key point : confidence. I guess we should now be more cautious when interpreting DxO statements about what customers should expect. No more blind upgrades until we are sure to get what we need. Trust has become too costly these days.