Something exciting is coming

As far as I can tell. Still no history in the Windows version.

Indeed.
Only sad that luminosity mask isnā€™t avalaible. I donā€™t need filmpack for my work.

Good one for the future, I think.

1 Like

What do you mean? Iā€™ve had so called ā€œadvance historyā€ panel in Windows version for several DXO versions now, and undo, redo style basic functionality was always there as far as I know.

sshot-3476

PL7_CUST_00005_en

The nature of the recorded information

The DxO Advanced History palette records the following information, which is retained when you exit the program (Mac only):

The default preset that was applied when you opened the image in PhotoLab.
Name and (ON or OFF) status of the sub-palette used.
Name of the tool used.
Current and previous settings.
The settings of a Custom Presets, grouped and presented in a list (click the step arrow to reveal the settings).

https://userguides.dxo.com/photolab/en/the-customize-tab/#left_pane

FilmPack 7 is free with your 30-day PhotoLab trial.
Give it a try :wink:

Pascal

That is not a history. As soon as you close down DxO photolab that history is lost.

So far as I can tell, in Photolab 7 there is absolutely no upgrade to DeepPRIME noise technology from Photolab 6.

Am I correct?

It doesnā€™t help that there is no downloadable manual for 7 as yet. Hopefully one, better than those of earlier versionā€™s will turn up

The price for PL7 and the FP7 is not acceptable for me, even as Upgrade. With a bit luck I can buy the Adobe Foto Suite for 3 years for the price ā€¦.

filmpack and viewpoint should be part of PL Elite, a complete raw processorā€¦ period, if you want PL half baked thereā€™s PL Essential, so why add-on to complete a software that should be complete with the full packageā€¦ i never understood this logic.

3 Likes

With PhotoLab, you can upgrade every two years at the reduced price. If you donā€™t want to continue paying, you will still have a perfectly working version

If you stop paying Adobe, Photoshop stops working

2 Likes

Still no DNG support
Still no Apple ProRAW support
Still no renaming durin export based on variables
=> no upgrade for such a huge price

2 Likes

What do you mean? That is what history always was, since Photoshop introduced it. Its a temporary back and fort steps feature. I donā€™t know what did you expect?

Not, this nonsense again. DNG support exists in DXO, lack of understanding of what DNG is and how it works is not the responsibility of the DXO.

2 Likes

I fully share your opinion. Itā€™s not worth the price.

• still that crappy, unsharp preview-enginge with zoom-level <75%
  • still no configurable keyboard-shortcuts
  • still no support of external devices like Loupedeck i.e.
  • still no ā€˜realā€™ integration of the NIK-products
    ā€¦ and a bunch of other things that users have wanted for years.

Maybe Iā€™ll upgrade my NIK-Collection 5 to 6 on Black Friday and slowly return to Adobes Photo Suite.
LRā€™s noise-reduction got a significant improvement (that was my personal killing- feature for DxO).
Another advantage is, that I didnā€™t have to wait a the yearly cycle for (new feature) upgrades.

A pity. I actually like Photolab but unfortunately the reasons to upgrade are becoming fewer and fewer as prices rise. :frowning:

2 Likes

I agree. After so many years.

From their features list, I donā€™t see anything I wanted improvements in ā€“ no metadata presets, no improvements to masking, no HEIC support, no horizontal and vertical flip (without ViewPoint), no creative vignette (without FilmPack), and no improvements to printing.

Iā€™m not impressed.

Yes you are correct. There were no changes to DeepPRIME or DeepPRIME XD.

Mark

1 Like

No wayā€¦ They did it again ? They artifically linked a new functionnality (luminosity mask) to a new version of their filmpack ? Goshā€¦

I downloaded and tried the new version. Lut support is a great news, the new interface for local adjustments was long overdue and itā€™s a good news as well. The calibration tool is probably nice to have, but honnestly I use lumariver for any serious calibration, so I donā€™t really need it.

I will continue my test but will probably skip this version for the first time.

essayƩ:meilleure ergonomie et quelques amƩliorations bienvenues.
trop lƩger pour ma part . cela ne justifie pas une mise a jour

pareil je saute

Yes. Sad.
Bad bet, for sure.

2 Likes