Skip the Delete Confirmation

Asking for a preferences option:

[_] Prompt to confirm image delete

on or off. If on, current behavior. If off, PL simply deletes the image. (which ends up in the Trash bin anyway so it can still be pulled out if deleted in error)

Is that the behaviour if the image is on a network drive? In other software if I delete a file from a connected NAS folder it is permanent (I think) - that would worry me a bit

I’m also working sometimes (when I have to revisit one older raw migrated from C to NAS) and I confirm that one deleted from the NAS the dustbin is empty… :wastebasket:

But I agree with this request anyway (option in Preferences) as I also have a second backup in which I can search…

I sooo agree with this. Actually, why cannot I delete selected file(s) with just the delete key (like most of my other apps), w/o having to simultaneously press command AND having to respond to a prompt? For anybody having to weed through a lot of images, this multi-step delete process is frustrating and time consuming. At least provide the option to get around these multiple keystrokes.
I will take responsibilty if I delete an image that I didn’t intend to (I keep backups).
While I do have cataloging software (e.g., Bridge or Photo Mechanic), I should be able to quickly delete images in PhotoLab.

The DEL direct command is reserved for LA mask removal.
Pascal

Local masks are something I use far less than file management. When shooting a concert or an event, I must shoot many photos, paring them down in post processing. That’s when having to go through multiple keystrokes just to delete files substantially slows the workflow. File management is a much higher priority for me than occasionally removing a local mask.
PhotoLab’s (PL) controls seem built more for an artist working on relatively few images than a photographer managing many images. I should be able to quickly tab from value to value and use arrow keys to change the values. It’s a fast, efficient, and precise way to process, yet I can’t even tab across sections, e.g., from “Smart Lighting’s” values to “ClearView Plus” values - I have to use the mouse cursor.
So much in PL is dependent on the much slower and less precise mouse cursor (or slower yet, clicking the too-small up/down arrows at far right).
I took a long break from ACR & PhotoShop; I’ve now reinstalled them and return to them more and more, primarily due to usability issues with PL (accessibility doesn’t affect me much, but I can see how PL fails in many ways).

I would rather have a “Remove” function. This will remove the file from PL but leave it alone at where ever it is.

LR has this feature.

How about tagging the image with red/green, or any of the eight other color settings, or any of the star ratings to signify your definition of ‘junk’ and then filter out what you don’t want to see?

Could even assign a keyword of Junk if you’d like.

That’s pretty much what I end up doing … hit “reject” on the ones I don’t want to keep, and then filter them together, and delete them all at once. I’t kind of bass-ackwards but I’ve managed to train my fingers for it.