Simulate iPhone 14/15 screen when editing

The light is measured with the Datacolor device in order get an appropriate brightness when calibrating. Then it is up to me to stay with that light in my physical environment where I do the work.

My TV has by default correction that adapts to ambient light but I don’t use it. My experience now is that I have never previously had the sync I now have between how my images are displayed on my computer monitor and my TV screen. It is almost fantastic and finally a real joy. Using Display P3 ICC in my images now is the whole difference.

All my calibrations I have done uses 6500 K despite it is not written in the very name on the ICM-copy in Windows and that ICM is just relevant as an imput to legacy applications. The main profile data for the display is hosted by the LUT-table in the monitor as you already know.

If it is anything I have done now is to standardise on Display P3 for all and 120 in brightness works perfectly fine for both screen and print with the light in my room. 80 won’t make any practical difference in my life I’m fine with 120 … and the ICM-profile copy for Windows ICM is just for the legacy app compatibility which still is important both for me and som others depending on which software we are dependent of to achive consistency throughout all our workflow.

Thanks for your feed back.

… I don’t know about what you mean by " don’t need any contrast enhancements" but these new QLED-screens with 120 refreshes per second are far better than anything else I have had both for stills and moving video especially during in our bright morning lights in the light part of the year. … but since I am living on the same latitude as southern Greenland or Alaska, things are starrting to get really dark now that is for sure a diminishing problem. I really hate the present darkness but we have just compensated that a little by setting back our watches one hour.

So I might even think we in some light situations also might have some use for contrast enhancements, so maybe I will turn on the auto adaptation to ambient light there is in modern TV sets, because I presume that automatically adjusts the brightness when it isn’t needed to be so high just to protect our eyes.