Scrolling through thumbnails in PhotoLibrary is erratic

When I scroll through thumbnails in PhotoLibrary there is annoying delay and skipping. This does not happen on the left or right side panels within PL6. That scrolls smoothly. This issue also appears in the side panels of Silver Efex Pro 3.

I have a fast machine (Mac mini M1) and, actually, it’s the only application of scrolling issues in any app this problem appears. If you have any ideas or run across this yourself, please let me know. Thank you.

Terry

I have the same problem with my image browsing app and it appears to be down to loading thumbnails being a background process, which interrupts the main thread when the requested images have been read. The completion of file reading can also be interrupted by further scrolling, which means any cached images have to be dumped and the cache refilled all over again.

Even Finder and the the Preview panel can behave erratically with large enough folders containing lots of files.

I have never had this problem in any other scrolling program. It’s a DXO bug that needs to be corrected. I don’t even load large thumbnails for this reason (in Preferences). Still doesn’t help. Thanks anyway.

Terry