Rexblock Preset Test

Most people here can ignore this post, as I’m guessing you are completely familiar with what I’m discovering, but I feel like writing about it anyway…

It took two weeks, learning lots of other stuff I needed, including how to get to a $HOME directory:

• In Finder on my MacBook Pro, go to the house icon with my name after it (my home folder?)
  • Go to Library
  • Go to DxO PhotoLab v6
  • Go to Presets
  • Create a new folder “rex_block_presets”
  • Copy his preset into that folder

Next step was trying to figure out how to access his preset. At the top right of my PhotoLab window, there is “Presets”. I clicked on it, closed all the open presets, and at the bottom found an image of my photo, open with the preset, with Engraved-2 under it. Selected that, and voila, it worked!!! Time to celebrate.

By documenting all this, I’ll be able to send the above to one of my friends who would like to try it, but is beginner at PhotoLab, and finds it more confusing than me, if that is possible. I’ll also be able to recall how to do this a month or year from now.

For those of you who are encouraging me to try new things, I feel like I’m walking out onto a frozen lake, and at any minute I might fall through the ice and drown. Thanks to all the information posted in this forum, and especially thanks to @RexBlock I can do this. It’s magic. Maybe if I read the text inside this preset, I might get a clue as to how it works, but I doubt it. To be honest, I’m amazed, and happy, I got this far.

Or you could have done it the easy way.

1. Go to the Presets palette, usually in the bottom left column…

2. Click on the New Folder icon and rename the new folder to suit…

3. Drop down the menu…

4. Find and select the preset and hit the Import button…

It’s all in the manual

Once I found out what needed to be done, to me, “copy” and “paste”, creating the folder ahead of time was effortless and intuitive.

I got my information from the on-line discussions - had no idea where/how to find it in the manual. Agreed, using the procedure you followed is very logical, once one understands it.

I copied my screen, to remind me of what is where:

I’m amazed it actually worked!
With that screen-shot, I “know” where things are.

Next time I will try it your way. I’ve got four more presets I want to copy, from that thread, but one at a time is fine for me.

To me, that image I just posted makes everything clear. To me.