Restoration - Adjust RGB Levels individually

I’m trying PL8 on Windows 10

I am restoring some old photos with colour casts etc.

In Affinity Photo I can apply a Levels adjustment then select the individual RGB channels and adjust the white and black sliders to touch the top and bottom of the specified histogram.

Is there an equivalent adjustment in Photolab 8?

Thank you

Try the white balance, by putting the pipette on something you know to be neutral black, grey or white. That is assuming you are dealing with a RAW file

A lot of the pics are jpg unfortunatly
that don’t have the full colour range.

Your old photos, are they scans of the originals (i.e. they are RGB images), or are have the originals be re-photographed, i.e. you have RAW files)?

If the latter then as @Joanna has said you can use the pipette in the’ RAW White Balance’ palette to sample something in the image that should be a neutral colour. You can then tweak the ‘Temperature’ and ‘Tint’ sliders if necessary.
To set the black and white points you can use the ‘Tone curve’ or use the ‘Spot weighted’ option of the ‘DxO Smart Lighting’ palette to sample the brightest and darkest areas of the image. The tone curve lets you tweak each of the RGB channels

If you only have an RGB image then while the ‘RGB white balance’ also has a pipette, you can only tweak that on the blue / yellow axis, i.e. you can’t adjust the tint. You can also use the tone curve and DxO Smart Lighting as already described for RAW files.

If you want the same kind of process, curves in v8 should give you the same result as levels since they have “black” and “white” points in and out (abscissa and ordinate) and gamma. And you have RGB individual curves.
May you confirm gamma still exists on individual color curves ? (I do not have v8).

here again curve tool (luma) should give you precision you need. Pipette should let you easily find the tones where to act or block.
If I understand what you want here, unless this is related to individual R G B channels in which case color curves above should do what you want.

And you can save preset to reapply if your series are homogeneous.

In v8 curve tool seems fully extended and should give precise result for lot of needs.

The majority (100+) are jpg scans or the orginals.

About 15 of them are photos I was able to find and photograph in RAW format.

I will try the methods you suggest and see how well that works.

I am not expecting miracles mind you.

thank you for the suggestions.

I know this is a DxO product forum but if you have Affinity Photo you should investigate it’s ‘divide blend mode’ for removing colour casts.

The first part of this video gives you an idea of what it can do:

While these two links are to more detailed tutorials on it:
https://lenscraft.co.uk/photo-editing-tutorials/divide-blend-mode-affinity-photo/

Yes, you can grab the ends of the curve in each RGB, to neutralise the WB.

Yes … See the Tone Curve tool … You can modify tones for any individual R, G or B channel.

I now have v8 and confirm it has gamma correction function on any curve.

Yes, it does - See here for more details.

thank you all,

I now know how to do what i wanted.

thanks you all for the advice.