PureRAW | Feature requests : voting disabled?

Hi,

I’m unable to vote for any feature request in the PureRAW | Feature requests section. Is it just me ? I posted a request yesterday and I’m unable to vote for it. No vote button.

It’s not just you.

Thanks for confirming.

Bump !

I guess that 7 months are enough to check an option in the forum configuration settings ?

As far as I know the PureRAW feature section has never had voting enabled. I’d guess that was a deliberate choice by DxO because the voting options in other sections has led to the (unrealistic) idea that users wishes will be taken into account, with the inevitable griping when nothing ever comes of such votes.

An interesting statement that deserves discussion…

These sections are the only way to really establish a communication between the user community and the development team. Individual requests and bug reports have a very limited value for the community and for the developers. Why should we continue to send reports to support@dxo.com if we can’t collectively get any feedback (see below) ? I guess they don’t consolidate these reports in order to make a decision about what should be done (but I actually don’t know because they never communicate about how they handle them). You receive a standard mechanical answer promising that they will have a look at the problem and that’s it. And other users having the same problem or the same request will never know that they are not alone.

Moreover, there’s no open bug tracking system (read-only for DxO customers) that would allow us to easily determine whether a problem has been taken into account and give us information about the status of the reported bug/request. I’d like to be sure that they have one internally. If this is the case, they should be able to list the bug reports sent years ago and notify their users about the status of the reported problem. Not even that. A very frustrating policy.

So, if you are right (which I don’t hope), I suggest that they merely close these sections and replace them with a simple page saying “We do not communicate. Period.”. Griping will appear anyway, the capability of voting being available or not.

I’ve no idea if I’m right and like you I hope I’m not. However, I based this guess on what I’ve observed about DxO here since I joined the forum back in 2020.