Pure raw 4 v DXO photolab 6 elite

Hi, sorry new here and couldn’t find answer to this.

Basically how much better is Pure Raw 4 over the denoise built into photolab 6 elite version ? I haven’t upgraded to photolab 7 but was potentially looking at getting Pure raw 4 if there is a significant upgrade to the denoising

Thanks

P

I would say that it is extremely likely that DxO will be including the PureRaw improvements from PR4 in PL8, which is due out within the next month or so.

Rather than externalising DeepPRIME to a separate app, I would recommend waiting for PL8, so that you can continue working as you have been.

2 Likes

I was thinking this may happen so will sit on the fence till 8 comes out, thanks for taking the time to answer. P

Unless your workflow is centred around something other than PhotoLab, i.e. you are just using PL as a basic RAW converter and all other edits are done in another editor, then as @Joanna has already said, don’t bother with PureRAW (any version).

Instead wait a bit longer until PL8 is released and then run the 30 day trial so you can evaluate it. Providing DxO stick with their previous policy of considering a ‘current user’ to be someone running the current or the version previous to the current (which you are as you have PL6) then you will be eligible for an extra discount on top of the launch discount. NB the key bit of that last sentence is the opening phrase. No one here knows what DxO will actually do.