Purchase Silver Efex separately?

Was not sure where to ask this question. Any ideas/rumors if DXO will ever give the option of just purchasing Silver Efex separately? I loved this part of the collection (because of interest in B&W photography) and really would love to get an “upgraded” version (my last version was the free bundle that was released several years ago and not sure if it will even install on an M1 iMac) but only interested in Silver Efex. I would think that there would be a lot of interest if this one module was sold separately - preferably at a cheaper cost than the $150 for the entire bundle.
Thanks.

2 Likes

so far it’s a collection, but looking back at the old age of Nik where you could buy them individually instead of the high price tag, maybe they’ll bring that back but… imo i doubt that.

That is highly unlikely to ever happen.

Mark

1 Like

If it’s a standalone product you want, why not get FilmPack?

2 Likes

Up to DxO’s Nik Collection version 4 consisted of technically separate apps, In later versions, apps share common components. I don’t expect DxO to separate the apps again, now that they have gone the way of shared parts.

Nik apps run on Apple Silicon Macs if you accept them to use Rosetta.

on M1 chips not the M2 but you’ll need Nik 6

À l’origine Nik Software vendait chaque logiciel à l’unité. Et quand j’ai fini par acheter toutes les applis, une à une, Nik a vendu l’ensemble à Google qui a proposé la suite au prix d’un seul logiciel puis gratuitement avant de céder à DxO.

Après votre achat onéreux, il a dû être frustrant de voir qu’il était offert gratuitement.

Mark

Oui à l’époque c’était une dépense très conséquente (100€ pour Viveza en 2011, 200€ pour Silver Efex, la collection complète des plugins pour Aperture était de 250€ en 2012) mais ces logiciels étaient tellement “indispensables” !

c’est vrai, la collection Nik etais quand meme moitier prix de photoshop. le nouveau problem c’est que les ordinateur deviennent plus performant et les logiciel trop vieux inutilisable. Nik 6 fonctionne sur M2 Apple mais pas les version ulterieur. PL6 ne fonctionne pas sur mon ordinateur car il a deja 10ans et trop vieux pour les logiciel d’aujourd’hui.

Not sure if this helps at all, but the original free Nik collection works fine as a plugin using PS 2022 on my Mac M1 Studio.

1 Like

Be glad and promote Nik Collection to all your friends…Silver Efex is the crown jewel of DxO in my book…

David R Banta