Portmeirion

Portmeirion is a tourist village in Gwynedd, North Wales. It lies on the estuary of the River Dwyryd in the community of Penrhyndeudraeth, 2 miles (3.2 km) from Porthmadog and 1 mile (1.6 km) from Minffordd railway station. Portmeirion was designed and built by Sir Clough Williams-Ellis between 1925 and 1975 in the Baroque style and is now owned by a charitable trust. It has served as the location for numerous films and television shows, most famously as the Village in the 1960s television show The Prisoner. Wikipedia

2 Likes

This is a really beautiful painting :slightly_smiling_face:

Portmeirion is a tourist village in Gwynedd, North Wales

1 Like

In the first two images especially, I love the way you brought out all the pastel colors. Did you use some kind of fill-flash for the second photo? Beautiful!!!

Mike, no I didn’t make use of fill-flash for the second image. At the time, I was trying out DxO PureRAW 2, and I have to admit the linear DNG from PR2, was processed in Lightroom Classic. We visited Portmeirion on a very wet November day in 2022, so pretty much had the attraction to ourselves. Despite being wet the light had a wonderful quality.

2 Likes