PL6 not opening Z8 files with 200-500 f5.6 at 500mm

Glad DXO got the Z8 file update faster than expected. However, I’m having an issue with my adapted 200-500mm f/5.6 lens. All my other Z and adapted lens seem to work fine. The weird thing is that the 200-500mm f/5.6 lens works fine if it is zoomed no more than 400mm. If the zoom is anything over 400mm the file will appear in the thumbnail and the photo opens in the main window for a few seconds then the main window is replaced with an error message reading “error opening (error in prepare)”. The thumbnail is still viewable but I can’t do anything with it.

I have emailed support but thought I would check here and see if anyone else is having the same issue or if it might be something that I have set wrong. The files are at the default lossless compression. Thanks for any info.

Can open your raw file in an other raw editor ?

Yes. They open fine in ON1 Photo Raw and of course Nikon’s NX Studio. If the lens is zoomed 400mm or less they open fine in Photo Lab.

@SEshooter Hello, update of modules for Nikkor 200-500mm is planned for mid-July. Thank you for your understanding