@Joanna, if PhotoLab is selected for the default application for my raw and jpeg files, than the PL icon is shown for each of them in the List or Detail view in Windows Explorer. The .dop files do not show the PL icon.
Here is another of the same folder displayed in Windows Explorer’s Extra Large Icon viewing mode. It starts off displaying very large PL icons which quickly change to the actual image. I have the resizable Preview pane turned on for both images.
I had not actively set any filters, I just open PL and find the folder I wish to work.
As mentioned, FastRawViewer shows me all the files and indeed I use FRV as my first culling step before any PP work and done it this way for a while now.
The OM-1 is a new body and not many programs can ‘see’ the raw .orf files so as a comparative tests I need to trial another program to compare and see if DxO PL is the outlier in this odd behaviour?
Although I don’t have that camera I downloaded a number of ORF files during testing and didn’t see any issues. Can you upload a few of the missing ones so we can try to recreate the issue? Can you describe in more detail what you are seeing, or not seeing? What is the order of the images? Are the missing images together in a group or are they scattered throughout the folder? If in a group should they have been visible at the top of the folder, the bottom of the folder, or somewhere in the middle?
I have done exactly as you suggested and it rediscovers the exact same 356 images not the 582 present in the folder.
I surmise there is a reason for the behaviour but until there is a solution I feel that PL5 is for me not fully usable. Yes, it properly discovered the copied folder but without knowing & solving the issue I feel I could not trust PL5 to properly behave itself
I have just tried, as you suggested, plus an extra step or two.
Firstly, I made copy of the folder (this folder was designated by Win10 as ‘copy’ and the discovery by PL5 found all files OK
Then I tried as you suggested the renaming of the original folder and the discovery of that worked fine.
I then renamed that folder back to its original name and that resulted in the original problem i.e. missing files!
Obviously, the renaming worked as did copying the file to the same root as that altered the name to -copy.
Finally I copied the original (named) folder to a new location and it was discovered properly.
Something odd and inexplicable corruption happening??? Note ~ I just realised that next to the image count in the filmstrip of the missing files folder there is a tiny red X next to the count of 356 thus indicating a problem but ‘what is the problem’?
if re-indexing the compromised folder does not help, your issue with the folder looks like an inconsistency in DPL’s database. The only way that I know of to “fix” this, is to delete the database, which will lead to the loss of all metadata and image customizings that have not been saved.
If you’re not ready to go that way yet, you can copy or rename the folder and simply ignore the inconsistency until you have opened all your folders in DPL and saved the settings and metadata sidecars.
Please note that your tests with renaming and copying have added things to the database, might have added further discrepancies between your folders and what DPL remembers as your folders.
As your copied folder & full content is recognized by PL … did you copy outside of PL (PL not running) or within PL?
Doing so within PL, the database should have registered the new folder properly.
To test it, close PL and restart! Now, does this new folder contain all your images including development, star rating and such? Invoke a virtual copy, star rating and such to write to the database as well as to the dop-file and check again (close & restart).
IF everything is fine in the new folder, I would just delete*) the content of the ‘faulty’ folder within PL. → You can’t delete the folder within PL, but the content, which should trigger rewriting your database. Close PL, restart and check again.
Rename the ‘faulty’ folder within PL, copy all those files to it, close & restart and check the renamed folder. …
If that all doesn’t work – delete the database.
Otherwise, you should be able to recreate a new ‘original’ folder within PL …
*) As a precaution you can backup the folder in question and the database before manipulating !