with PL4.3.3 (I have checked some older photos too and it also happened with PL4.3.1, I did find in total 150 affected photos in my DB, all of them with PL4.3.1 and PL4.3.3 - none with other versions of PL. I 'm using DXO since OpticsPro 11. So my guess is that it was introduced with PL4.3.1):
On some exports (e.g. one folder 13 out of 251 files) DXO PL4.3.3 exports the Shutterspeed = 1sec (though it is something like 1/60sec, 1/500sec,…) and the Exposure compensation changes e.g. +0.3 → +3; +0.7 → +7
Until now I cannot reproduce it, but still this happens from time to time.
Yes, and here they look OK → that’s why I updated the post that I think it is not related to DXO.
I import the photos with iMatch 2021.10.2 which handles all metadata reading/writing with Exiftool 12.31.
I have now checked my whole DB and I have seen these wrong “1sec” exposures only for images edited with DXO PL4.3.1/PL4.3.3 and imported with Exiftool 12.31 (comes with iMatch 2021.10.2). First I thought it is DXP PL related because I first recognized it after upgrading to PL4.3.3 (and there are also some Metadata issues with PL5: timezone, keywords). The exposure was on “1sec” right after import, but I have now learned that in my case (imported JPGs are “buddy files” of the RAW files because of same name → some metadata is synced) iMatch is already doing a metadata writeback during import.
At the moment my guess is that it’s either iMatch passing wrong values to exiftool or exiftool writing wrong values…
I need to correct myself. The data written by DXO is wrong. I also had a bug report open at iMatch support. While the ExifIFD:ExposureTime parameter in the JPG created by DXO is written correctly, the XMP-exif:ExposureTime is set to 1sec by DXO PL 4.3.3 during export.
One more comment:
When you read the jpgs created by PL4.3+ in PL right after export: here PL will show the correct exposure time / compensation (seems to be using the EXIF tags).
The screenshot in the very first post is after it was imported into iMatch (uses exiftool to read/write metadata): here the XMP Tags are superior to EXIF → wrong exposure time / compensation also in EXIF after metadata writeback (that’s why I posted afterwards I think the wrong values are created by iMatch).
But the bug is in PL4.3+ where XMP exposure time / compensation is written with wrong / cutoff values (on some images/not all).
Hi Sebastian, sorry for such a long silence. Thank you very much for the patience and your help. Yes, you did help to find a bug. We have reproduced it and found the reason of it. Soon, we are going to start fixing it and fortunately, it’s easy to do. So, I hope to let you know soon what version it will be fixed in.
when you work on the Exif/XMP tags you could also cross-check the this Bug: PL5 - wrong TimeZone on export
In my case DXO (starting version 5.0) is always writing “OffsetTimeOriginal” = +00:00 instead of using the correct timezone (like +01:00 or +02:00). The Tag “OffsetTime” is written correctly. I guess/hope this is also something that can easily be fixed.