PhotoLab v7.4.0b45 Disappearing Masks

What I do is, when notified of an update, I defer it, copy the PL app bundle and rename it with its version. Then I restart the original and accept the update. That allows me to go back to the older version if necessary.

I have a copy made by Carbon Copy Cloner in the “Safety Net” folder on an external drive. But when I try to open, it says it’s damaged and won’t open.

Did you reach out to support regarding this? Ideally they can provide the 7.3 installer file as a stop gap measure. I also need the 7.3 installer as I have issues with 7.4.

Unfortunately, I did not make a backup of the PL 7.3 installation file.
Normally, when an app indicates that there is an update, I download the latest installer from the manufacturer’s site and save it and two or three previous versions in my app backups.
Unfortunately, I overlooked this with PhotoLab and only saved the backup of PL 7.0.

Because of the problem with the masks, I’m using Capture One more often again, which I actually replaced with PhotoLab.

The question for me is whether I should contact support and ask for the PL 7.3 installation file or whether I should simply wait and see if the problem is solved with the next regular update.
What do you think, what makes more sense?

The more people contact them, the more they can perceive the urgency, I think.

But you’re the only one who knows if you can wait with this problem.

Chroma and luma behavior fixed (restored) in 7.5.

That’s exactly how it is. Just as I was about to open a support ticket and take screenshots for it, PhotoLab told me that an update was available.
I downloaded it and it seems that the problem has been fixed.