PhotoLab presets for FilmPack 5 film types are now available!

No apology necessary. Although I did notice it, I didn’t mention it since it was so trivial, and I did not want to cause you any embarrassment.

Mark

3 Likes

Mark - thanks for posting these. Love expanding the “views” and ideas that I get when I use the “Presets” dropdown!

• Thanx
  • Jon

Hi mark,
i finaly got the time to import the work of you.
Did a quick browse and good work.
small question:
is the partial only activating the filmpack film type or did you adjusted some things?

Peter

Peter,

They should only be affecting the film type. If you see anything different please let me know which film type preset is adding additional edits and I will review and fix.

Mark

2 Likes

Mark, ‘You beauty’ as the Aussies would say. I have been using Filmpack in DxO photolabs and frustrated that I could not see a preview of what it looks like without applying it…I have even reverted to using the Filmpack standalone app before today, which obviously makes workflow long and laborious. I have added your presets and all is good in the world. Thank you very much.

M

2 Likes

You are quite welcome. I hope they add value to your workflow. Keep in mind that they are all partial presets. They will only change the film type and have no effect on other settings. Please let me know if you find any errors.

Mark

Excellent work Mark

I’ve just picked up FilmPack and was thinking about how to view different film type previews as you can running it standalone. This ticks the box, well done. Reawakening this post may alert some other Black Friday purchasers !

2 Likes

Thank you. There were some errors in Color Negative Partial Presets in the original download. I corrected them and made them available last summer. Here is the link.

Mark

Thank you so much for this. :slight_smile:
I am modifying those that I use most so they will also bring up the grain.
JM

You are very welcome. I hope they meet you needs.

Mark

1 Like

Sorry to bump this up, but would these work with FP6? Thanks!

fpv6 presets to download.

1 Like

See @OXiDant’s link above which points to my recent post containing the current FilmPack 6 preset updates.

Mark

1 Like

Great, thanks!

I downloaded the zip but in there are the presets that were already installed by default, is that correct or am I missing something?

There shouldn’t be any presets in those folders that are downloaded by default. Can you give me a specific example of a preset.in those folders that is downloaded by default when you install PhotoLab and the embedded version of FilmPack 6?

There should be a grand total of 97 Film Pack 6 Elite presets in those six folders. None of those presets are supplied by DxO. Do you understand that these presets are intended for the embedded version of FilmPack 6 Elite from within PhotoLab, and not for the standalone version?

Mark

For instance, the Fuji film presets (Classic Chrome, Eterna etc) are in the folder (installed by default) “7 - DxO FilmPack Designer - Color” and also in the folder (from your pack) “FilmPack - Digital Films”. There are many others like that. Maybe they’re just named the same, but have different renderings, but I didn’t check each and every out.

Looking forward to try yours out. Thanks.

1 Like

If you have filmpack v6 you have all options as choice in the filmemulation and timemachine. What Mark did was apply them to a donky image( just any image) and edit the applied settings in a way it only applies the filtersettings and not overwrite your others.
Partial preset. Best way to deal with visibilty of the partials is renaming the folders mark made.
Adding “V6 partial preset” or something in the subfoldername.
And in it’s main folder " 01 Marks FPv6 partial Presets 2022"
Then copy the hole folder including subfolders in the dxo preset folder by hand, not by application import command.
The 01 puts it on top of the list.
By numbers you can organise the list. Also the default one’s.
This way you can make the folders more clear in what it is containing.

I hope it’s more clear.

Good pickup. It appears that DXO added presets for the seven Fuji Digital films, the six Cinematic films and Kodak EIR to the DXO Filmpack Designer - Color folder. The only one of the new film types they did not add a preset for is Impossible PX600 Silver Shade. They did not add any presets for the remaining 82 film types.

Mark

1 Like

Ok yes, I see. I looked at the preset file sources. Thanks