Photolab 7.7 – Prime not working anymore

Yes, I will go back to 7.6 myself now.

Hello,
Was it a trial version before the update or a commercial version purchased?
regards,

It’s a purchased version for me.

I just checked and all of the Prime options are grayed out in 7.7 for ALL of my RAW files (Nikon, Olympus, Pentax). As a side note, lens profiles are still not working for Sony A7RII which was broken in previous release. This is why I keep Lightroom.

1 Like

It was the update of my purchased commercial version.
Also: most of my dngs did not show up in 7.7 as thumbnails. I am back on 7.6 now and everything is fine again. The update was a complete failure. I suggest you better withdraw it.

I think they simply f-ed up by mixing up Essential and Elite version…

@Marie Same here! How can I downgrade to previous version i.e where can I find one? MacOS 14.5 here

Same problem here. I cant select Option in Deep Prime. And Clear View Plus was gone completly

lol, it’s turning into a comedy, same here as I just checked on seeing your message.

1 Like

I open a mail to the support.

Where do we get the older version?

Maybe a big upgrade on processing time ?
:melting_face: :melting_face: :melting_face:

I was doing some retouch on photos I edited yesterday, and I haven’t exported any before I have seen this post about Prime was gone (and checked it was indeed gone) lol.

Now I am waiting as I didn’t have 7.6 installer, and it’s no where to be found. Hilariously this is what DxO support replied:

And this is the link given:
https://download-center.dxo.com/PhotoLab/v7/Win/DxO_PhotoLab7_Setup.exe

Oh well guess I just have to wait.

There is a huge issue on PL7 (latest upgrade for Mac). It will not now open any of my Fuji RAF files. It says the images are taken by a body only supported by the Elite edition. I have Elite, or I did, and all my raf files were edited just fine on the previous version.

Edited to add - Ah - solved it. For some reason the update killed the registration so I had to input the serial again. It never asked for it I just found out by checking.

Yeah from what I can conclude so far that’s where the bug lies; Elite installation is treated as an Essential installation.

Here are what have been broken:
-Clearview Plus
-Prime or above denoise
-Instant Watermark
which are all Elite features.

This is likely an oversight when they were preparing the release.

2 Likes

@Marie I downloaded the installation package for Mac from my DxO-account and installed it manually and that solved the problem. So it seems that the uppgrade routine was the reason for the problem. MacOS 14.5

Hm, makes me wonder. Just checked. All my photos from my Nikon D500 are so called NEF (RAW) files. Also in the manual I don’t anything about DNG.

1 Like

Well they just fixed it by “updating my license”.
Bad news is, it fs up my photo edit records;
all non-Elite features are now kind of reset.

“Luckily” it only affects photos I edited during the mess.

Me too. I had ability to use any Elite options before the update this morning (05/28/2024). I tried downloading the Mac software from the DxO web site and that did not solve the issue. I then filled out a ticket explaining the loss of my Elite features after update. No LUT’s under Filmpack or Watermarking under Basic Tools for me now. Hope it is resolved soon.

This time I made a copy first. Than I did like suggested and downloaded from my account. None of the described issues so far. This is for Ventura 13.6.7

Hello
We are aware of the issue with today’s update concerning features of the Elite Edition. Our development team is working on the fix. We appreciate your patience and will provide further updates as soon as possible.
Thank you for your understanding.

1 Like