Overlay Multiple Images

Is there a way to overlay multiple images using PL7 (not HDR, just simple overlay)

The only, unofficial, way that I know is to add the second image as ā€œwatermarkā€, but, apart from that, PhotoLab is not truly a bitmap editor.

1 Like

Maybe usable for dust removal?

Anyways, all the necessary functions are in the watermark toolā€¦except a possibility to add RAW as watermark image :wink:

Note that edits will only work on the original image, not on the watermark imageā€¦unless you export the combo and continue from there.

Thank you - that is where I landed yesterday but it is nice to have confirmation. I think I am going to turn to affinity. If you have any suggestions, Iā€™d love to hear them (I really like your book/table pics :slight_smile:

I use Affinity Photo for compositing multiple photos of the same thing (for instance, ground and sky when Iā€™m doing night sky shots, combining tracked and untracked).
I use PL to preprocess all the shots with the same settings. I find it easiest to highlight both in the thumbnails window before making customizations, but there are other ways - or manual, then I export as TIFF - which I open with AP.
If you want to overlay images in AP, there isnā€™t a way to open an image, open another one then auto-align the two. Instead, youā€™d need to start out creating a new empty image ā€œstackā€. I hesitate to give any AP advice as Iā€™m a total noob with that app - so apply salt.
BTW, AP ā€˜helpā€™ notes that image stacks are intended for tens of images, not hundreds.