Nik Collection v7 : la doc ? comme d'hab'

Bonjour à tous,

C’est quand même étrange cette habitude de ne fournir la documentation sous forme de PDF que pour les versions précédant la version courante, non ?

Qu’est-ce qu’il y a dans la phrase : “L’utilisateur peut avoir besoin de la doc sous forme de PDF quand il n’est pas connecté.” que le rédacteur technique de DxO n’arrive pas à comprendre ?

Puisque les versions PDF existent pour les versions précédentes, c’est que DxO dispose du convertisseur version Web => version PDF, non ? Si ce n’est pas le cas, on peut se cotiser ou s’en charger nous-mêmes si on nous envoie les sources. Le problème se présente à chaque nouvelle version et à chaque fois la question est posée mais visiblement, il y a quelqu’un de têtu chez DxO.

Tout simplement énervant.

1 Like

DxO has replied to a similar message with something like this:
“The app is still evolving and an online manual can be adapted more easily. The PDF will be provided at a later stage”

I used to download similar pages with webdevil, but the product seems to be hibernating. Web Devil 6.4 for Mac OS X Download | TechSpot

I think I have already read this somewhere else but this answer is irrelevant. If they can transform their Web pages in a PDF, they can do this at any time, at least each time the new version is submitted to significant changes. And they should make a PDF available when they release a new major version, even if this PDF is later updated less often than the online doc.

I don’t think it’s a lot of work, especially for a product at this price level.

1 Like

Au contraire, it’s DxO’s way to handle this and we’ll have to swallow the toad or look somewhere else. Nevertheless, I appreciate that this is addressed in this feature request…and not only for NikColl, but for all DxO apps alike.

Hi Patrick, I can partly understand your annoyance. For a while, I generally preferred documentation in PDF format. And the argument of being able to look things up offline is also understandable and relevant.
However, I now find the online version more attractive. Or rather, I no longer have a problem with it.
As far as the documentation with DXO is concerned, there are often other issues. The manual often lags behind with new versions and now with the Nik Collection, for example, there is no video explaining the new features. Fortunately, there are plenty of others on YouTube that fill this gap.

Salut !
Prends-le simplement pour ce que c’est, une occasion supplémentaire de ne pas satisfaire les demandes simples et peu coûteuses des utilisateurs de longue date, conformément à la politique constante de DXO.

Bonjour,

J’ai été au départ assez décontenancé par l’absence de disponibilité du manuel PDF pour la version en cours des logiciels DxO. Ce qui n’était pas le cas avant.
Et puis je trouve à l’utilisation que la solution actuelle présente plutôt des avantages : une documentation à jour et surtout facilement accessible directement depuis le menu. Avec la possibilité d’accéder très rapidement à l’information recherchée.

Bien sûr, cela ne résoud pas le problème du travail hors connexion et donc de l’impossibilité d’accéder à l’aide.
Mais cela doit représenter un nombre assez limité de cas…
Pour autant, s’il n’est pas possible actuellement d’avoir un PDF complet de la version en cours, ceux qui disposent d’une imprimante PDF peuvent toujours faire un PDF partiel de chacun des chapitres.

De même, il suffit d’enregistrer en local chaque page web (CTR+S avec Edge) pour en disposer hors connexion.
Pour Nik, cela représente 12 pages à enregister, ce qui paraît beaucoup… mais ne prend finalement que quelques minutes (3’18" pour ce qui me concerne, mais cela dépend évidemment de la vitesse de connexion)

Hello,

I was initially quite disconcerted by the lack of availability of the PDF manual for the current version of DxO software. Which was not the case before.
And then I find in use that the current solution rather presents advantages: up-to-date documentation and above all easily accessible directly from the menu. With the possibility of very quickly accessing the information sought.

Of course, this does not solve the problem of working offline and therefore not being able to access help.
But this must represent a fairly limited number of cases.
However, if it is not currently possible to have a complete PDF of the current version, those who have a virtual PDF printer can always make a partial PDF of each of the chapters.

Likewise, simply save each web page locally (CTR+S with Edge) to have it offline.
For Nik, this represents 12 pages to save, which seems like a lot… but ultimately only takes a few minutes (3’18" for me, but that obviously depends on the connection speed).

Thanks all for your votes.

Yes, it is possible to adapt to this weakness of the customer service. But this requires almost no effort from DxO. If they can produce the PDF automatically, why not create it from the initial version and update it regularly ? Below, an excerpt of the answer received from he support (it looks like a rewording of my request, is similar to the answers made to the previous requests and is partially relevant).

==================================
FR
Nous vous remercions pour votre retour concernant la documentation de la Nik Collection v7. Nous comprenons tout à fait l’importance d’avoir accès à cette documentation en mode hors ligne et nous prenons bonne note de votre frustration quant à l’absence d’une version PDF mise à jour.

Nous sommes conscients que la disponibilité en ligne de la documentation assure l’accès à l’information la plus récente. Néanmoins, nous reconnaissons également l’utilité d’une version PDF pour une consultation hors ligne et lors de mises à jour majeures.

Nous allons remonter votre suggestion au chef de produit ainsi qu’à la Direction pour évaluer la possibilité de fournir des versions PDF actualisées de la documentation lors des futures mises à jour majeures de Nik Collection. Votre retour est essentiel pour nous et contribue grandement à l’amélioration continue de nos services.

==================================
EN
Thank you for your feedback regarding the Nik Collection v7 documentation. We fully understand the importance of offline access to this documentation, and note your frustration at the lack of an updated PDF version.

We realize that the online availability of documentation ensures access to the most up-to-date information. Nevertheless, we also recognize the usefulness of a PDF version for off-line consultation and during major updates.

We will pass on your suggestion to the product manager and to management to evaluate the possibility of providing updated PDF versions of the documentation for future major Nik Collection updates. Your feedback is important to us and contributes greatly to the continuous improvement of our services.