Nik 5 is crashing Photoshop

Is Nik 5 incompatible with the new MacBook with the M1 chip? When I try to use their plug-ins, it crashes Photoshop2022.
Also, when I have it working before Photoshop crashes, I can’t find the button that allows me to stack filters. There used to be a button to Add Filter. I use several filters on an image. The only button I find is Save Preset but I can’t seem to locate how to add more than one filter.

Me too!!

M1 Max, OS Monterey, Photoshop 2022.

One more “me too!!”
M1 Max, OS Monterey, Photoshop 2022.
Strange behaviour on screen (seems that has problems with graphic card) and using cmd+w after applying the filter causes PS to idle indefinitely.
Have to reopen PS with shift key pressed to disable external plugins.

Me too, but I have iMac. OS catalina. when I was working in NIK EFEX, it suddenly crash and switch back to PS without applying the filters, and Viveza never loaded.

I’m in the same boat - except my machine is an ‘older’ intel. Monterey 12.5.1 (latest), latest PS/LR both being crashed by Nik 5. Worked perfectly with Nik 4.x.x. Last time I rush to upgrade. Tried the works, including crash reports accompanied by screen recordings of what I was doing to DXO support - final response along the lines of “…the files are too big”

1 Like

Me too. Have Apple PowerBook M1 chip operating Ventura 13.0.1 I am new to NIK collection as I was using TOPAZ filters a lot, but key ones (like Adjust AI) wont work with latest MacOS and M1 operating with Rosetta 2) and want to use Viveza/Color EFEX to replace it.

Sadly Viveza 3 regularly crashes Photoshop 2022 and 2023 if I add too many control point.