New Greenwood Gardens shoot on July 11th

Here are a few of the images I captured today. One of the joys of retirement is having the time to do this. Greenwood Gardens is only a 1/2 hour drive from our home. We have an annual membership so we go there often.

I don’t shoot close ups of flowers very often, but I liked this grouping. It was captured at f/5.6.

This small structure was used as a changing room, presumably for a swimming pool that no longer exists. There is now a small parking lot on the other side. This is the back of the building. On the other side is a small portico allowing swimmers and others to sit in a shaded area on sunny days. This structure was built in 1925 and in the 1920’s it was not considered fashionable for American women to tan. Captured at f/11.

This is a different angle of one of the buildings partially visible in my previous Greenwood Gardens thread. I was experimenting with the look of this one and I am not sure it works. It was hot and very sunny and I was trying to show that. The portico is not the one on the other side of the changing room mentioned in my previous image. Captured at f/11. Comments and opinions would be welcome.

On my previous shoot here I was using my Voigtlander 23mm f/1.2 Nokton MF lens on my Nikon Z fc. Today, I was using my Voigtlander 35mm f/1.2 Nokton MF lens. Besides a different angle of view, the character of this lens is different from the 23mm f/1.2. It was very sunny and bright with almost no cloud cover today. It was also very hot!!.

All images were processed in PhotoLab 7.2.2, with Viewpoint 4, and FilmPack 7.

Mark

1 Like

What a great way to spend a day of your retirement!

Lovely photos. Beautiful!

1 Like

Here is another one from the same day, This is an area on a terraced hill just below the main house, a portion of which can be seen to the upper right of the image. Taken with the same 35mm f/1.2 lens at f/11.

Mark

2 Likes