Multi screen setup

I’m trying to work with two screen and it’s all but simple. I’m unable to move the complete menu on the right to the second screen.

What I’d like is a simple setup in which I can have only the picture on a screen and everything but the picture on the other screen.

Good morning @egtegt,

Please, do not forget to vote for your suggestion by yourself (top left corner).

Regards,
Svetlana G.

You can do this now. Simply drag all your palettes onto the second screen and hide the thumbnails.

Then simply save the workspace and go to fullscreen mode.

2 Likes

I think a multi screen option would be a good thing to have in PL. I have voted.

Even though it is already possible?

1 Like

While your solution does technically provide the use of two screens, it is a far cry from having what I would call a true multi-screen experience. The example I would give is Exposure X6, it has what I would call a true dual screen user experience.
On entering dual screen mode first screen has the browser, thumbnails and ranking aspects, the second screen has the viewer and the editing tools. The tools are docked with the viewer and in the their usual order from single screen mode. From a workflow perspective working in single mode and dual mode are exactly the same apart from there is more space.
There is no manual undocking of palettes (and redocking later), no hunting a screen of tools to find the one I want. I just hit one hotkey to enter dual screen and again to go back to single screen. This in my opinion makes using that tool immensely easy.

1 Like

And, once I have laid out the workspace and saved it, all I have to do is go to the Workspace menu and select either the single or dual screen layout.

Or would having the ability to dock the palettes around the browser on a second screen satisfy you?

1 Like

Nothing to do with the thread …
Brélidy-Plouec ? Are there still trains passing?
Thanks for the picture. I like old railway buildings.

Oui, il y a toujours les trains entre Guingamp et Paimpol.

Merci. (Je ne m’attendais pas à une réponse aussi rapide …) :smile:

I cannot seem to make my Windows version of DxO Photolab look like that, I seem to be able to undock the browser, and I can of course undock individual tools, but I cannot find how to undock the viewer, maybe this is a Mac only feature?? I use a pen display, so having the tools docked alongside the viewer is better.

You are right and that’s what I did, but there are still some little issues :

• I couldn’t find a way to move the top menu on the right (the one on which you select favorites or catégories
  • If I move all palettes, I lose the ability to display only the palettes from a category I have on this right side.

What I’d really prefer is a way to move the whole right menu at once, same thing for the left part. Additionnaly, if it’s not feasable, a new standard “dual screen” workspace could be usefull as configurations with two screens are becoming more and more common.

1 Like

I don’t undock the viewer. I take everything else off the main window, which just leaves the viewer with the empty palette docks on left and right. Then I click on the dividers between this docks and the main viewer and they fold into their relative sides. For this example, I hid the the filmstrip but you could also undock it if you have room on the second display.

You are right. That is something that could do with looking at.

On the other hand, with a full second display, do you really need to select categories when you can see all the palettes at once?

1 Like

Thanks for you answer. I know that, I just find it a little tedious to have to move all palettes one by one. I would prefer to have the simple possibility to move the image to another screen :slight_smile:

Like I said earlier, you only have to do that once, then you save your layout as a workspace and simply select that workspace, as you would any other, as and when you want to use two displays.

This is the closest I can get

The viewer is located on the pen display, the browser is on a second monitor.