Mourne Mountains

The Mourne Mountains (/mɔːrn/ MORN; Irish: Beanna Boirche), also called the Mournes or the Mountains of Mourne, are a granite mountain range in County Down in the south-east of Northern Ireland. (Mourne Mountains - Wikipedia) They include the highest mountains in all of Ulster, the highest of which is Slieve Donard at 850 m (2,790 ft). Wikipedia

Images processed in PL7.8.0 (Windows) with a Digital film - DxO FilmPack Fuji Velvia/VIVID rendering applied:

3 Likes

One of PhotoJoseph’s training videos was about how to bring up more separation between the distance “layers”. To my eyes, these look to “flat”. As the “layers” get closer and closer to the camera, you can make them progressively more contrasty and colorful, to emphasize the distance between them.

Especially in that last image, PhotoLab can bring out more detail in the clouds, as well.

Just a suggestion - please don’t shoot me! :slight_smile:
I was waiting for others to comment, but nobody did.

But if you would like people to comment, it helps if you post the original image, and the .dop file(s). That way others (especially @Joanna) can suggest thing that you might not have considered.

If you’d ever been there, you would realise what a good representation of the area these images are. I used to work just “down the road” in Dundalk. Some of my colleagues used to say, if you can see the mountains, it’s going to rain, if you can’t, it’s already raining.

1 Like

You’re confusing my quest for artistic expression with the cold and damp sense of “reality”. Durn… Reality vs. Imagination. Sadly, I admit, I agree with you.

I sometimes have a difficult time separating “reality” from my “imagionation”, and that’s expecially true when I don’t know/understand the “reality”. So, let’s pretend I never wrote what I did. …but then, why did you wait so long before writing something? Thanks to you in no small part, I not only see what I see, but nowadays I see what I imagine just as strongly, if not more so. Was the “real photo” not worth discussing until someone broke the “illusion of reality”, despite learning it was reality all along, and not an illusion? :slight_smile:

Poor spelling deliberate - ignore the misteaks.