LUTs in PL7

Is it possible to organize imported LUTs in folders? Or imported LUTs are just presented in a long list not organized?
Also, it seems not possible to import more than one LUT a time, not convenient.

If not possible… this could be a suggestion!

3 Likes

seem to be only one list and no option to group them in folders.

1 Like

The LUTs interface for this first implementation is very basic.

Mark

1 Like

This is a great suggestion for the Development team. For those users that already have folders of LUTs organized, it would be nice to just be able to point DxO PL7 to that folder to use the .cube files. I may not have hundreds of LUTs, but I do have dozens and I currently have them organized in a way that works for me. To just import them into PL7 1 at a time and without organization is surprising. I would have thought the beta team would have called this need out pretty quickly in the release schedule.

1 Like

Creating your own LUTs in PL would also be fine. Affinity can do this.

Citation

It’s been asked for… almost from the start…

2 Likes

Citation
Creating your own LUTs in PL would also be fine. Affinity can do this.

Here too, it’s been asked for… almost from the start…

OK, fingers crossed, someone will listen. So far it doesn’t look like it.

1 Like

One problem with creating LUTS is it would then be easy to copy the FilmPack simulations. DxO may want to protect its intellectual property.

Ok, good point. But why introduce this feature? Using a LUT only makes sense to me if I can use my own. That is, from a photo created in PL. Maybe a new topic about how to create a LUT makes more sense here.

Indeed.
Good to be able to use other’s work. Better to be able to use my own work.

1 Like

all you need is a LUTs generator, put that picture in it and it will generate LUTs base on that picture. you can also use a gradient map to extract colours someone used in their pictures and apply them to your picture to replicate it. that’s probably why buying “presets” online got a big drop.

Hi mikerfoto, can you recommend one?

P.S.
Found this

and will test it

1 Like

@KameraD → I was looking at that too, but it doesn’t appear to create a .cube file from a JPG… I’m looking for one that can do that.

• Jon

I just tried it. It should work with JPEG or PNG. Tried PNG and it created a .cube file. But this gave a horrible result. Not working. The search goes on.

P.S.
Ok, RTFM can help :wink: Did it wrong. Anyways, it creates a LUT. But when I apply this, to another photo, I can see no difference.

1 Like

Just tried this, Picture Instruments - Image 2 LUT
Trial version can only export 3 LUTs. Has more possibilities to edit the final LUT.
Works also on another photo I tested it with.

you can get one that come with (windows and mac) if you buy one of the pack (25$) there= https://luts.iwltbap.com

1 Like

Looks like its only a web based app.

Maybe its the same like this
https://delog.iwltbap.com

look at the background folder, opening lut generator mac will open the lut generator, then you save it as png, then you convert it as .cube
i can’t show for windows because i’m on mac, sorry windows user but it seem to be the same anyway. and you’ll need something to open and save your png file like AP in my case.

How it works?

The process is very simple. You click on Generate a HALD button to generate a PNG HALD. You open this PNG into your favorite photo editing application and apply a color correction on the PNG HALD. Then you save it as PNG without compression (or in JPG 100% quality).

Finally, you click Convert to CUBE and select the modified PNG you just saved.
The algorithm will interpret the differences that there are between each pixel of the original HALD and the HALD modified by you.

A 3D LUT as .CUBE format will be generated (25x25x25 or 64x64x64, choose in Preferences).

2 Likes

and here the link to get it for free, or you pay what you want.

2 Likes