Light Leaks question for Nik Collection 7

Hey, I’ve been using Nik Collection quite a bit when it was still free and I really loved it, and now I can afford to purchase Nik Collection 7 for a “real” experience, but I have one question:

It always bothered me, that I couldn’t turn/rotate the Light Leaks and get them placed in a way that I want them to appear.

Was this changed in Nik7. or is it still randomly fixed when I choose them?

I propose that you test the Nik ollection with the free trial. Many things have changed and some need to get used to.

1 Like

Yeah, I will do that later this week, but I just looked up Nik Collection and saw that it’s up to Version 7, so I was curious. :slight_smile:

@MattCeb

Oh, I had to look for this as I never used this! … Light Leak is part of the Analog Efex / Camera Kit and (afaik/checked) has not changed since Nik3.3 (paid version).

To your question
A “cross” will appear on the image, which you can move by a certain amount, and with it the selected light leak effect. (Don’t know if that existed in the free version.)

IF you use a control point (Nik 3.3) or a control line/polygon mask/luminosity mask (Nik 7), you can, for example, partially exclude the effect … but it’s best to try the program to find out if it’s for you worth it.

Please note !
Make sure you still have an installable old version (even better, a full backup)
as the new Nik versions remove your old (free) content.

1 Like